Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that’s served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It’s our passion.
Responsible for formulating and defining system scope and objectives, devising and/or modifying procedures to solve complex problems. Designs, codes, and tests programs to ensure that systems work as requested. Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities.
Minimum Required Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Business Administration, or related
Minimum Required Experience:
- 4-years’ experience in Reporting analysis, computer programming, applications or related.
Requires skills and experience with the following:
- software applications; electronic medical record (EMR) applications, including Cerner, epic, or clarity; db2, oracle, or SQL server databases; sap business intelligence tools; html, CSS, XML, and PL/SQL scripting languages; Unix and windows operating systems; development of system specifications and decision flows from written business requirements; and development of system configuration/modifications from detailed specifications.
- Responsible for formulating and defining computer application system scope and objectives.
- Devise or modify procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of results.
- Design, test, maintain, and monitor computer programs and systems, including coordinating the installation of computer programs and systems.
- Prepare detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
- Troubleshoot program and system malfunctions to restore normal functioning.
- Prepare test conditions and conduct program testing to validate that systems work per specifications.
- Develop, document, and revise system design procedures, test procedures, and quality standards.
- Participate in design and code reviews of work carried out by peers and less experienced analyst/programmers, to ensure the work is being performed in accordance with departmental standards.
- Carry out maintenance tasks on assigned programs/systems.
- Maintain appropriate program and system documentation in accordance with department standards.
- Create and maintain technical specifications and documentation of all programs and applications supported in order to ensure quality of information.
- Complete assigned phases of projects. Assist in defining and documenting business needs and determine the manner in which alternative solutions are identified, communicated to and approved by clients and resolve operational and program related problems with guidance from senior personnel.
- Integrate knowledge gained from more senior analysts and team leader into current work practices.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws, and guidelines that impact the systems in the assigned area.
- Develop effective internal controls that promote adherence to applicable state/federal laws, and the program requirements of any applicable accreditation agencies.
- Protect and maintain patient and institutional information in a confidential manner and in a secured environment.
- Ensure data access limitations through the use of password protection, read only access, and other measures that protect the data from accidental or unauthorized access.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.