Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting is looking for a Senior Developer to work out of our Irving, Tx. office.
Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting US (CCHGroup.com) is a leading provider of tax, accounting and audit information, software and services, and is a division of Wolters Kluwer, a market-leading global information services company. It has served tax, accounting and business professionals since 1913. Among its market-leading solutions are The CCH® ProSystem fx® Suite, CCH Axcess™, CCH® IntelliConnect®, CCH® IntelliConnect Direct, CCH® Accounting Research Manager® and the U.S. Master Tax Guide®. Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting US has locations in Dallas, Wichita, New York, Washington, D.C., Chicago and Torrance.
The digital future has arrived and the tax and accounting professions are changing rapidly. Professionals today have different needs, expectations and capabilities. In addition to accuracy, they need greater mobility, simplicity and speed. These needs place a premium on access to active intelligence, agile systems and integrated workflow solutions -- in short "Best in Process" solutions. This is precisely the value that Wolters Kluwer, Tax & Accounting US delivers to professionals.
Wolters Kluwer Tax & Accounting NA is developing a greenfield, multi-tenant, global software-as-a-service using microservices architecture, NoSQL data storage, delivered through continuous delivery. As the technology incubator for our division, we are pushing the bleeding edge by researching, testing and applying new tools, patterns and practices to make us more efficient and develop high-caliber software.
If you are a talented Senior Developer in a multi-tier, cloud-based, high transaction event driven environment, we have a career-changing opportunity to be a key player in the continuation of our ground-up build-out of an Agile Center of Excellence in Dallas (Irving). If you wish to join the "best of the best," read on....
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Drive the appropriate use & implementation of technology to deliver high quality solutions that delight our customers.
* Help shape the future of our CCH business through building a greenfield multi-tenant SaaS platform for global use.
* Work in Agile teams following Agile methodologies to deliver high quality products on time with performance and localization requirements in mind.
* Build, test and deliver high quality, complex frameworks and systems and diagnose and resolve complex issues.
* Create microservices, review third party libraries, and conduct technical research regarding different ways to improve the development environment / best practices.
* Develop applications utilizing Cloud technologies (SaaS, PaaS)
* Generate innovative approaches and solutions to complex issues.
* Mentor less-experienced staff in their technical development, and provide them daily guidance and direction.
* Select and implement development tools and coordinate technical standards within a development team.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent field is required
* 8 years of programming experience with .NET framework and C#, with at least 3 years as a senior software development engineer and/or technical lead with similar roles / responsibilities.
* 2 years of experience developing external customer facing applications.
* 1 year experience developing Single Page Applications using Angular, KnockoutJS, Durandal, or similar technologies.
* Experience using Azure PaaS and SaaS based technologies such as Web Apps and Application Insights
* Proficient in object-oriented design and development using software development best practices.
* Quality and test first development mindset
* Deep understanding of SOLID design principals and patterns
* Deep technical knowledge in Continuous Integration and Delivery
* Successful track record delivering high quality products while working in Agile Teams and following Agile methodologies.
* Able to adhere to technical standards within a development team.
* Ability to strongly influence peers and technical staff within the team.
* Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills.
* Experience with Azure Service Fabric.
* Experience with NoSQL databases like MongoDB or CosmosDB.
* Experience building hosted applications in a large multi-data center environment.
* Developing and deploying Cloud Applications.
* Developing and deploying microservices.
* Demonstrated experience with utilizing and leveraging reference architectures across a team based environment a plus.
* Expert at designing, coding, and implementing with 24/7 stability, performance, scalability, localization requirements in mind.
* Experience transient error handling, retry policies, asynchronous processing, queue driven processing, event processing, CQRS, and eventual consistency.
* Experience in the Tax and Accounting field a plus.
About Wolters Kluwer
Wolters Kluwer N.V. (AEX: WKL) is a global leader in information services and solutions for professionals in the health, tax and accounting, risk and compliance, finance and legal sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with specialized technology and services.
Wolters Kluwer reported 2017 annual revenues of €4.4billion. The company, headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands, serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries and employs 19,000 people worldwide. Wolters Kluwer shares are listed on Euronext Amsterdam (WKL) and are included in the AEX and Euronext 100 indices.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Wolters Kluwer U. S. Corporation and all of its subsidiaries, divisions and customer/business units is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled