Our Client is looking for a Senior Architect to join their team in Raleigh, NC. If interested, please send your resume to Asa Townsend at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Lead development teams in the appropriate selection and use of technical frameworks, platforms and design patterns
- Development and technology planning – provides guidance in best practice and tool use in the design and build of technical frameworks and the applications built on them
- Architecture and design –proposes & implements technical solutions, ensures their integrity, and that the solutions can be built, implemented and maintained within timelines/budgets
- Technical design authority – internally recognized as a specialist on complex technical areas, will oversee benchmarking, installation, upgrade, configuration, deployment and testing activity
- Improves quality – investigates and prototypes innovative approaches to improve software quality
- Provide Stability – ensures development teams can develop in a stable and productive environment, with minimal rework required due to architectural change or related problems as products evolve
- Industry knowledge – familiar with industry changes in technology standards, information management, development standards, methods and emerging 3rdparty software in order to advise on technology and leverage industry best practice in the design and construction of software products
Able to provide day to day technical control of development projects by
- Assisting Project Management in planning technical aspects of projects
- Providing regular updates on project status and risks
- Supporting and mentoring individual developers
- Performing detailed technical reviews to ensure overall design is being implemented
Effectively support Sales and Sales Consulting and facilitate winning quality new business through
- Explaining the Architecture and Design of software products to customers
- Effectively articulating and presenting the benefits and technical advantages of the Client’s solutions to technical and non-technical customers and staff
- Providing high level ballpark estimates for proposed solutions
- Demonstrating the acumen to manage and cultivate positive customer relations
Provide input into the best application of technology to create the next generation of the Client’s solutions
- In concert with other architects within the company, creates a center of expertise and forum for common component design, reuse and exploitation.
- Provides significant contribution to the definition and documentation of development standards and best practices.
- Provides input in the drive for constantly improving the scalability, extensibility, interoperability, reliability, availability and performance of software products.
- Identify and recruit internal/external talents to ensure effective mix of competencies.
- Induct new joiners in order to quickly maximize performance.
- Set and communicate team/individual objectives and KPI to inspire individuals to achieve high performance.
- Allocate work load to fully utilize every employee’s talent.
- Implement development plans and coach for individuals to reach their maximum talent.
- Provide regular constructive feedback on performance/development and address poor/mediocre performance on a timely manner.
- Recognize high performers to maintain motivation and retain key talent.
- Regularly communicate on company news and team progress against business plan.
- Create team spirit.
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree with a major in Computer Science, Mathematics, MIS or related
- Upwards of 7 years relevant experience in the IT industry
- Demonstrable detailed understanding of architecture principles and methods, technology and standards
- Highly motivated by creating business value through the effective use of technology
- Utilizes research and self learning to ensure technical credibility
- Up to 25% (able and willing to travel for occasional short assignments)
- Core hours are based on local time zone, but willing to be flexible in work schedule to accomodate various time zones of a global organization
- Work is performed in a standard office environment with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178