Company: Oak Street Health
Title: Senior Associate, Population Health
Location: Downtown Chicago (30 W. Monroe St.)
Oak Street Health is a rapidly growing, innovative company of community-based healthcare centers that provides higher quality health and wellness care that improves outcomes, manages medical costs, and provides an unmatched experience for adults on Medicare in medically underserved communities. By providing holistic, comprehensive and integrated care right in our patient’s communities, we can keep our patients healthy and then reinvest cost savings in further care for those same communities and others. Since 2013, Oak Street Health has brought its singular approach to tens of thousands of people in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Ohio. At 40 locations, and with an ambitious growth trajectory, Oak Street Health is attracting and cultivating team members who embody Oak Street values and are passionate about the mission to rebuild healthcare as it should be.
For more information, visit http://www.oakstreethealth.com.
Role Description and Responsibilities
At Oak Street, Population Health drives both our clinical and economic model and is focused on delivering high-quality, cost-effective care.
The Senior Associate, Population Health reports to the VP of Population Health and is responsible for driving to population health outcomes, managing strategic relationships, and creating insights to improve both clinical and financial outcomes and patient contribution. This role is an opportunity to get unmatched experience at a proven, hyper growth organization at the cutting edge of healthcare innovation.
The key deliverables for this role are as follows:
- Drive Care Model results though Population Health programing
- Own components of the OSH Quality program (HEDIS / STARs, evidence-based screening, medication usage)
- Optimize risk adjustment and revenue management processes by owning the full life cycle of documentation (from in-center operations to revenue cycle with payers)
- Build Patient Engagement programming to deliver effective, coordinated care across the patient continuum, focusing on phenomenal patient experience
- Develop a robust patient engagement strategy by building segmentation model and orchestrating engagement pathways
- Relationship Management
- Manage key partnerships with external (payer and strategic) partners
- Work cross functionally with internal Population Health, Business Intelligence, Managed Care Operations, Marketing, Clinical Quality and Finance teams
- Work closely with our field leaders - both clinical and operational
- Ongoing Special Projects as needed
- Partner with Business Intelligence team on the building of new databases and model calculations for population risk adjustment tracking and visualization tools
- Create enterprise management tool for population management and patient engagement
What we’re looking for:
This is an exciting opportunity to own quality and risk adjustment strategy and execution in a value based care organization that is changing the way healthcare is delivered.
- 2 years of experience at a top tier strategy consulting company
- Analytical and data savvy
- Strong intellectual curiosity, willing to get into the weeds to thoroughly understand questions
- Ability to develop business cases, ROI analysis, and financial analysis
- Incredible level of organization and detail orientation
- Passion for excellence, willing to go the extra mile to achieve objectives and ensure consistently high quality work product
- Quick learner comfortable with a high level of ambiguity
- Ability to succinctly summarize large amounts of information
- Strong accountability and discipline against timelines and deliverables
- Collaborative working style, able to work cross functionally
- “Oakiness” - driven by our mission, exuding positive energy, scrappy, roll-up-your-sleeves attitude
- Bachelor degree required
- US work authorization
- Someone who embodies being “Oaky”.
What it means to be OAKY:
- Creating an unmatched patient experience
- Driving clinical excellence
- Taking ownership and driving for results
- Being scrappy
- Radiating positive energy
- Assuming good intentions
Why Oak Street?
Oak Street Health offers our coworkers the opportunity to be at the forefront of a revolution in healthcare, as well as:
- Collaborative and energetic culture
- High levels of responsibility and rapid advancement
- Headquarters (the “Treehouse”) located in the heart of Downtown, close to many public transit options and great restaurants
- Competitive benefits; including paid vacation/sick time, generous 401K match with immediate vesting, as well as health benefits
Oak Street Health is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and encourage all interested readers to apply to oakstreethealth.com/careers.