Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless. SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
On day one, you will be a valued part of our Technical Support team. You will collaborate with some of the best minds in Technical Support and will be mentored by people who have a passion to share their knowledge. You will never stop learning and will be encouraged to bring your best to work every day.
To prepare you for this, you’ll attend a 16-week technical training program in Cary, NC. In addition to providing soft skills training, the Technical Support Academy provides training in core SAS technology areas. You’ll receive the tools necessary to enable you to provide support for enterprise-class SAS software applications and/or solutions, and at the end of the program, you will have the opportunity to achieve no less than six professional SAS certifications.
- Passionate problem solver.
- Deeply curious about technology and how things work.
- Highly creative, with excellent research skills.
- Ready to tackle difficult challenges.
- Service-minded and able to deliver excellent customer service with confidence.
- Willing to ask for help and share knowledge.
- Our promise to you: You will want to run—not walk—to work every day!
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelors or Master’sdegree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related technical field.
- Experience with C, Java, Python, SAS or programming in a third or fourth generation language.
- Real passion for collaborating with colleagues to build technical solutions to solve tough problems.
- You need to be strong in at least one of the following operating systems, but familiar with all: Windows, UNIX or LINUX.Linux administration experience is preferred.
- Work or academic experience in technology areas such as business application development, client/server, data warehousing, database management systems, data presentation, and visualization, or web applications and services.
- Have a real passion for software support, as demonstrated by previous internships, work experience, projects, or publications.
- Strong command of both written and verbal English
NOTE: This position is part of a dedicated team which does weekend on-call support from Friday 8 pm until Sunday around 7 pm. Until the Academy completion plus about four months of onboarding, you will work Monday-to-Friday standard office hours. After that, you will switch to a schedule including three contiguous weekdays (working standard office hours) plus ½ of the weekend (performing on-call support). You will participate in a three-week rotation where the weekdays stay the same, but the weekend on-call hours will be different each weekend.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn