Apex Systems, the Nations 2nd Largest Staffing Firm is looking for Sr. BI Developer for one of our clients in Miami, FL. This is a direct hire position and candidates must be US Citizens or Green Card Holders.
If you re looking for a new opportunity at this time and match the requirements below, please send an updated version of your resume to Daniel Perez - DPerez@apexsystems.com
Location: Miami, FL
Position: Sr. BI Developer
Position Details – Size, Scale, Scope?
Moving from Cognos to Microsoft BI stack
Day to Day Responsibilities/typical day look like:
- Managing Dashboards
- Creating Custom visuals
- Manage dashboards
- Natural language processing
- Operational Reporting
- DAX is microsofts language for creating calculations
- Client facing position: interacts with business users
1. 7+ Years of BI Development Experience
2. Strong dashboard development experience (Cognos, SSRS, PowerBI, Tableau)
Senior BI Developer
The Senior BI Developer is responsible for implementing solutions to analyze and visualize data from source systems to analytical repositories. They will work closely with the BI Business Systems Analysts, Data Architects and Integration Developers to optimize data content and structures to optimize data visualizations.
- Implement and enhance reporting, data visualization and analytics solutions with Power BI, including development of visuals, reports, and dashboards.
- Apply best practices and techniques to deliver and optimize reports and dashboards with a focus on usability, performance, flexibility, testability, and standardization.
- Leverage Power BI features to deliver a rich and insightful data visualization experience with functionality including interactive data filtering and slicing, intuitive drill down and drill through, custom visuals, and a consistent look and feel via themes and templates.
- Apply design best practices and a consistent approach in the development of dashboards and visualizations, including the utilization of standard visuals and chart types for specific scenarios.
- Implement and enhance Analysis Services Tabular Models serving as Semantic Layer consumed by Power BI and other analytical tools.
- Leverage Analysis Services features to enable model functionality and optimal performance including calculated measures, calculated columns, calculated tables, data partitioning, custom aggregations and hierarchies.
- Work closely with Business Analysts, Stakeholders, and Users to understand functional requirements and identify new metrics and key performance indicators.
- Work closely with data modeler and BI Lead in the definition and enhancement of Analysis Services Semantic Layer.
- Work closely with data architect to understand physical data models and data constraints.
- Leverage Power BI self-service analytics and data mashup capabilities to create mockups and prototypes as part of solution design process or ad-hoc requests.
- Participate in technical design and code review sessions. Document implementations as required.
- Ensure adherence to established SDLC processes. Perform unit testing and performance testing to ensure implementations meet quality standards.
- Serve as escalation point in the troubleshooting and resolution of production issues.
- 7+ years working as a BI Developer implementing Data Visualization, Reporting and Analytics solutions in an Enterprise environment.
- 5+ years creating visuals and building dashboards and customizations with Power BI.
- 3+ years developing complex Analysis Services Tabular models.
- Strong experience using Power BI imported mode as well as direct connection mode to consume a variety of data sources including Analysis Services, SQL Server, excel, flat files, etc.
- Strong experience in building and organizing advanced DAX calculations both as part of Power BI reports and Tabular models.
- Experience in writing advanced queries and transformations with T-SQL.
- Experience driving insight by designing visualizations with logical and meaningful data flow.
- Expertise in building data visualizations with a strong understanding of the appropriate chart types to use to highlight patterns in the data for unstructured and structured data sets.
- Experience working with complex dimensional models.
- Experience working with source control systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) for BI reporting strongly preferred.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178