Our Purpose: EMPOWER CELLS TO CHANGE LIVES
At SQZ Biotechnologies we believe that our cell therapies will revolutionize the way we treat diseases. Our unique capabilities enable us to engineer almost any function into any cell type, breaking down the barriers in the field, and creating the possibility for cell therapies that could not have been previously envisioned.
- Patients are the Purpose: We strive to transform patient quality of life so they can focus on living.
- Squeeze Together: We are one team with one goal. Only through the sum of our strengths can we achieve our shared purpose.
- Own the Outcome: We are what we do. Integrity and accountability are fundamental.
- Challenge the Now: We fearlessly drive innovation by questioning what is possible, fostering creativity, and executing on our ideas.
SQZ Biotechnologiesis seeking a highly-motivatedSr. Biomedical Engineer to join ourProcess Development and Manufacturing group. The successful candidate will support development of the SQZ technology platform and collaborate with different engineering teams to design and build custom cell therapy process equipment. The Sr. Biomedical Engineer will perform hands-on laboratory work, data analysis, develop and maintain technical documentation, and collaborate across other teams and with external vendors to ensure successful execution of key equipment design activities.
- Evaluate different manufacturing technologies to incorporate into custom process equipment.
- Design and test various microfluidic structures for cell processing
- Design and implement manufacturing solutions for high volume production
- Perform hands-on biological laboratory work, data analysis, develop and maintain technical documentation.
- Develop equipment and component drawings using CAD software.
- Organize and develop plans for independent laboratory experiments and associated laboratory analysis.
- Develop and maintain detailed technical documentation, including plans, reports, and notebook entries.
- Collaborate across different functional teams to ensure successful completion of necessary studies.
- Establish and maintain communication with vendors and assist with product procurement, testing, and evaluation.
- BS/MS in Biomedical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Bio Engineering, or related field with at least 2 years of experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry.
- Effective communicator of ideas, project goals and results both internally and externally.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to successfully manage multiple technical projects and priorities at the same time.
- Proficient in CAD software.
- Experience working in a biological lab.
- A good understanding of aseptic processing is a plus.
- Experience in cell therapy manufacturing processes is a plus.
- Understanding of safe lab practices and BSL requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
SQZ Biotechnologies is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and to provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or gender identity, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, SQZ complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.