ABM’s team of more than 140,000 skilled and hardworking people takes care of clients across Aviation, Banking, Life Sciences, Commercial Office Buildings and Real Estate, Education, Food and Beverage, Government, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Nuclear Power, Parking, Retail, Sports, Technology, Warehousing, and more. ABM provides a wide variety of services in each industry it serves, from airport shuttle service and wheelchair assistance to food and nutrition to mission-critical solutions in hospitals. In every case, ABM makes every day run smoothly by going the extra mile to deliver the best quality with the highest levels of integrity.
The Sr. Business Analyst – Application Development (Sr. BA) provides leadership and support for all ABM business applications and reporting platforms including (but not limited to) requirements definition, configuration, development design, upgrade planning, testing, training, security administration and break/fix issues as they arise. This resource will be critical to the success of the Sr. Director, Application Development and will work closely with all layers of management and the leadership teams in developing solutions based on all business requirements defined.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Lead and/or participate in all efforts to implement IT solutions (.Net applications, Data Warehouse enhancements, Business Intelligence solutions, etc.).
- Partner with internal stakeholders to identify and create business cases and lead the pre/post implementation process.
- Lead and/or participate in requirements analysis and support the development of data warehouse conceptual data models.
- Participate in translating business requirements into a technical scope and delivery strategy for the subject area.
- Develop reporting framework any and all reporting deliverables.
- Profile data and document objects, business rules, and organizational data dictionary.
- Build and test reporting framework and reporting deliverables, assuring data validity and integrity.
- Assist in the development of production support and training materials, user website and conduct training for rollout.
- Provide break-fix support and communicate outages to users in a clear and timely fashion.
- Troubleshoot and tune reporting and analytics applications.
- Help business users leverage the appropriate BI techniques and tools.
- Assist in the testing of software patches and upgrades, and communicate with users.
Communication & Leadership
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts when needed.
- Ability to communicate technical matters clearly for full comprehension by non-technical users.
- Communicates effectively with staff and volunteers at all levels to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions with I.T. management.
- Ability to prioritize multiple long or short term tasks in a fast paced and growth oriented environment.
- Manages and champions the process of innovative change.
- Maintains relationships with other external organizations through professional association links wherever possible.
- College degree in Information Technology / MIS is required.
- At least (7) years of experience in a Sr. Business Analyst, Sr. Systems Analyst or Project Manager role.
- Previous experience with large scale system implementations, enterprise reporting solutions, MS .Net development, Power BI, and data warehousing concepts.
- Significant experience with integrated systems and ERP technologies is required.
- Prior experience as functional MS .Net Developer and/or MS SQL (2008 and above) is a plus.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to identify deficient processes/procedures and then develop and implement solutions.