Job DescriptionJob #: 1041569
Senior Business Analyst
Location: Chicago, IL
Our client has embarked on an ambitious plan to modernize and transform using digital technologies to drive efficiency, effective and new business models. You are responsible for gathering, defining and managing business requirements from stakeholders, using structured business analysis tools, techniques and methodologies. You then make sure that the IT&S products and solutions that are delivered meet business needs as well as business users' expectations. You enable the definition of requirements and user stories for product development, improving processes and systems, reducing their costs, enhancing their sustainability and the quantification of potential business benefits. You are behind the collaborative creation and iteration of viable specifications and acceptance criteria in preparation for the deployment of digital systems. You strengthen and enrich your business domain, methods & tools, using your business modelling knowledge in your role
- Business Analysis
- IT Management
- Methods & Tools
- Relationship Management
- Requirements Definition and Management
- Business Modelling
- Business Process Improvement
- Technical Specialism
- User Design Analysis
- Project Management
- Systems Design
Data Management and Data Science
- Digital innovation
- You bring specialist knowledge of a particular solution, product, technology and/or business domain.
- You're a strategic thinker who can influence the long-term strategy of products and teams.
- Data Management and Data Science.
- Digital innovation.
Leadership and EQ:
- You always empower people - encouraging positive team morale and ensuring that every team member with expertise has the power to make decisions, at the lowest possible level.
- You always get the basics right, from quality development conversations to recognition and ongoing performance feedback. You can develop, coach, mentor and inspire others.
- You comply with client’s Code of Conduct and ensure your team does too. You also demonstrate strong leadership of client’s Leadership Expectations and Values & Behaviors.
- You create an environment where people listen and can speak openly about the good, the bad, and the ugly, so that everyone can understand and learn.
- You embrace a culture of change and agility, evolving continuously, adapting to our changing world.
- You are an effective team player, naturally looking beyond your own area/organizational boundaries to consider the bigger picture and/or perspective of others, and building trust-based relationships with leaders and employees.
- You are self-aware and seek input from others on your impact and effectiveness.
- You apply judgment and common sense at scale - you use insight and good judgment to deliver commercially sound, efficient and pragmatic decisions and solutions and to respond to situations as they arise.
- Cultural fluency - you operate across cultural boundaries with sensitivity.
- Provide ongoing feedback to your employee tree, both formally and informally, with the aim of supporting their performance and development within the Chapter
- Coach and mentor to help build domain experience amongst peers
- Be responsible for Chapter member's personal development and the management of performance reviews
- Contribute to relevant supply and demand conversations, to adequately staff squads with appropriately skilled employees
- Assess candidates as part of the Talent Acquisition process, interviewing to identify future IT&S talent
- Sharing knowledge (cross-pollination) between Chapter members that can be utilized by various Squads
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) or Professional Scrum Certification (PSC) or Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO).
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178.