As the Product Consultant, you will work directly with our external and internal customers while managing a portfolio of projects supporting internal and external customers. This position requires the highest level of professionalism, innovative approach and solutions, as well as the ability to understand and communicate CMS NCCI, Medicare, and Medicaid edits. You will also need to fully understand both Professional and Facility medical claims and how CMS interprets payment and reimbursement procedures.
As we build efficient and repeatable processes our team will deliver industry leading implementations that result in high NPS scores.
The individual in this role will provide a detailed level of support and guidance on a clinical coding software application during the implementation of the product. This person will also provide input on the system setup of the clinical coding software application.
The Product Consultant is responsible for the successful integration and configuration of various clinical editing solutions by new and existing customers. The successful candidate will have a strong healthcare background and industry knowledge as well as specific clinical coding experience that will allow them to provide consulting on how best to configure our solutions into our customers’ existing business practices and fully optimize to allow for the greatest return on their investment.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Assist clients with initial setup of the software during implementation
- Assist in best practices of business decisions for setup of the application
- Support new customers on the software until transition to support in order to build and maintain strong business relationships
- Participate in onsite or virtual project kickoff where customer implementation team is brought up to speed on solution features, functions, and capabilities
- Participate in weekly calls and follow-up on any specific task assigned
- Document correspondence and activity
- Documenting workflow process
- Troubleshoot client issues during implementation
- Identify critical client issues and communicate them to the appropriate staff for resolution / prevention
- Assist in updating implementation documentation
- Assist clients with go-live activities, testing and support (on-site or remote)
- Assist customer through the design phase of the project providing business and product consulting and guidance on how best to integrate, configure, and operate the solution to meet the customers’ business needs and requirements
- Provide onsite or virtual product training to customers as needed
- Research and resolve customer questions and issues as a result of testing
- Assist as necessary in scoping new and existing customer opportunities to ensure that implementation work effort is estimated appropriately prior to completing the sales cycle.
- Coordinates with Project Management to prepare the Implementation Plans and Statements of Work that include detailed requirements for the project specific to a customer’s business processes
- Act as a point of escalation / liaison with client management team to drive issue resolution for clients across the business
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED
- 2+ years of experience / knowledge of the healthcare industry and/or clinical experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
- Intermediate level of proficiency in MS Excel
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- BA / BS degree in healthcare or business related field
- 2+ years of experience with claims processing and/or coding or equivalent implementation experience
- Experience in claim submission and processing, billing practices
- Working knowledge of client - server concepts and relational databases
- Medical coding certification or able to gain certification in one year
- Strong clinical background
- Strong presentation skills
- Background with participating in the implementation of software
- Optum Claims Manager or Advanced Communication Engine (ACE) end-user experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Job Keywords: Healthcare, clinical, claims processing, coding, implementation, Claims Manager, ACE, telecommute
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
CitizenshipStatus: Other Visa Accepted
Function: Business Process & TQM
Division: OI Claims & Payment Services
Shift: Day Job