Sr. Business Analyst, Knowledge Solutions
*US Citizens or GC Holders
We are seeking an individual who will assist in the advancement of the data, systems, project management, customer facing communications and legal technology throughout the firm within the Global Knowledge and Research team. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Knowledge & Client Solutions and working in close collaboration with the entire (“CVT”), the Knowledge Solutions Senior Analyst will provide work product that advances the organization’s mandate.
- Provide global support of knowledge products such as enterprise search, experience management and client collaboration platforms, as well as new practice technology including document automation, workflow and matter management, analytics and other AI and machine learning solutions.
- Work with CVT and GTS teams to communicate and market department efforts and product offerings internally at the firm, both in-person and on the firm intranet.
- Support onboarding efforts of new attorneys and staff and/or transfers with regard to knowledge and legal tech products and department resources.
- Assist with global firm education efforts, promoting and encouraging participation in the implementation and use of the Firm’s technology.
- Work with lawyers, practice groups and other key stakeholders to understand their critical knowledge and data requirements and be able to provide appropriate solutions.
- Act as an ambassador for the team as well as a champion for process improvement at the firm.
- Conduct classroom, hands on, one-on-one and synchronous remote technology training sessions.
- Promote effective work practices.
- Develop, encourage and support knowledge sharing behavior across groups and teams.
- Participate in system and user acceptance testing efforts.
- Assist in wider Client Value team projects.
- Perform other duties, as assigned
Education & Experience
- A bachelor’s degree required; law degree preferred
- Two (2) years of relevant experience, preferably within a law firm or professional services organization
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes
- Collaborative and team-oriented with a strong sense of collective responsibility.
- Basic knowledge or data management experience within the legal or professional services environment preferred.
- Ability to communicate complex issues with clarity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Significant knowledge of, and interest in, practices and emerging developments/trends in legal tech management.
- Experience with technology, knowledge and/or process improvement projects involving large teams and/or within the legal or professional services environment.
- Desire to take a fresh look at existing processes and identify ways in which they can be improved. Prioritize workload and handle pressure, interruptions and multiple concurrent projects.
- Flexible attitude towards working practices and ability to adapt style as required.
- Experience working with people of varying levels of seniority and technical expertise.
- Ability to build strong relationships with multiple global stakeholders quickly.
- Ability to listen, understand and respond to issues.
- Proactive attitude to problem solving and a logical thinker.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; resilient and calm under pressure.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Dedicated to continuous learning and skill-building, seeking out opportunities to develop your own new skills and to mentor team members in their professional growth.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-time zone environment.
- Flexibility to work outside of standard business hours as needed.
- Flexibility to travel domestically and possibly on occasion internationally as needed.
- Proficiency with applications including Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and SharePoint.