Position at Ingram Micro
WHO IS INGRAM MICRO:
Ingram Micro touches 80% of the technology you use every day with our focus on Technology Solutions, Cloud, and Commerce and Lifecycle Solutions. With $46 billion in revenue, we have become the world's largest technology distributor with operations in 56 countries and more than 30,000 associates. We continue to strategically expand our global reach with 32 acquisitions since 2012.
The Sr Business Analyst is vital to the successful design, implementation and deployment of systems updates, predominantly for the Transportation Management System (TMS).
The key responsibility of this position is to perform the functional configuration and master data setup of the JDA TMS system and other transportation tools to meet business requirements. A primary focus being to support processes which allow for compliant shipping, accurate financial reporting and operational execution. The role requires the ability to collaborate internally within operations and IS, as well as communicate effectively with all levels of the company in an exciting fast paced environment.
This position will work across functions, interacting with internal SMEs, Business Unit Stakeholders, internal Developers and external System Support teams to ensure solutions are appropriate and relevant. Supporting the evaluation of future state opportunities, driving best practice and steering strategic decisions are fundamental to this role.
- Ability to perform functional configuration, modification and testing tasks
- Ability to analyze operational problems involving Transportation module and develop appropriate solutions
- Ability to communicate system changes to all levels in the organization
- Develop, automate and publish reports as assigned by management, using data from a variety of sources.
- Document automated reporting projects and transition to team members, where appropriate.
- Develop and generate ad-hoc and periodic reports with minimal or no assistance and perform analysis of the data produced.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the analytical needs of product management and utilize departmental resources effectively to drive initiatives from inception to completion.
- Coordinate server maintenance with Operations, maintain data tables, validate daily data retrieval, ensure proper backup of archived data and resolve accessibility issues.
- Act as the liaison between product management finance and information technology in ensuring third party service providers have access to necessary data and find solutions for receiving and transmitting necessary data.
- Serve as the point of contact for third party service providers and information technology related issues.
- Utilize team resources to drive projects from inception to completion.
- Recognize potential for process improvement and drive initiative.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in one of the disciplines of Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Transportation
- 2-3 + years of Transportation, Supply Chain experience preferred
- 1-2 years of experience with transportation management systems, including tariff design and configuration
- Trainings or pursuing certification as JDA TM/TP User and JDA Modeler desired
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of the organization and diverse populations
- Proven track record of leading cross functional project teams
- Ability to multi task and prioritize effectively
- Proven track record of identifying proactive solutions
- Microsoft Office - intermediate to advanced skillset in suite, including Access
- Knowledge of shipping restrictions and requirements by carrier mode a plus
- Project Management experience a plus
Ingram Micro Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other protected category under applicable law.