- Converting the business requirements into technical documentation at the most granular level, covering all the requirements and the flow of the developed systems.
- Formulate and define application functional designs which translate business requirements into technical instructions.
- Ability to present the design documents to an audience of application developers and quality assurance (QA) testers.
- Ability to capture the technical requirements representing different technology platforms including non-distributed (e.g. COBOL) and distributed (e.g. Java, VB) applications.
- Use of documentation tools such as Word, PowerPoint, Visio and screen-capture software (e.g. SnagIT)
- Document the technical implementation details with input from both business and technology teams in order explain the exact business needs to both development and testing teams
- Interact with both Technology teams as well as business teams to remove possible gaps in requirements or technical implementation details, in order to develop a complete and robust system as required by business
- Help business visualize the requirements implementation through documented screen shots, report formats or integration details
- Guide business towards completing the loop in requirements by thinking through the gaps in flow and filling those gaps
- Encapsulate details of the existing system (if any) through research on all aspects of current applications (data, screens, interfaces and integrations), and capture the enhancements in relation to the existing application functionalities
- Help the Development team with providing answers or working with business to get answers during implementation
- Help Testing team with developing Test cases in order to accomplish close to 95% test case coverage on the requirements
- Familiarity with Waterfall and Agile methods for software delivery.
- Supports project manager/release manager by developing detailed project information such as a detailed design information, estimates, evaluation criteria and results.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Graduation or equivalent with at least 5 years of experience in Business Systems Analysis work.
- Proven expertise in SQL Queries and Screen Painting skills
- Proven expertise in removing technical and business roadblocks or deadlocks and suggesting solutions
- Experience within financial industry is expected
- Self-Starter with strong work ethic and ability to work under little supervision across a diverse geographic area.
- Extensive experience with writing SQL Scripts
- Ability to think outside of the box and do whatever it takes to successfully complete all projects on time and within budget.
- Ability to take business requirements and define functional and design specifications, and create prototypes.
- Ability to communicate with third party vendors to learn how systems work, document, and explain to other team members.
- Strong verbal and written communication skill and strong command of the English language.
If interested, please email resume to email@example.com
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178