Lone Tree - CO, DENR1, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established byChuckover 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab Advisor Services, a division of Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is the leading provider of custody, trading, technology and practice management to registered independent advisory firms. It provides access to sophisticated wealth-management services that help advisors attract and retain affluent clients, as well as profitably grow, compete and succeed in their business efforts. Schwab Advisor Services serves approximately 7,000 registered independent advisors that manage over $1 trillion in assets in over 2.5 million accounts at Schwab.
The Business Consulting Services (BCS) team is part of Schwab Advisor Services and creates and delivers high-quality, industry-leading consulting and education programs that help advisors establish and better manage their businesses, in addition to helping them plan and prepare for the future. The key to the team’s success lies in its ability to create highly relevant and scalable programs that turn practice management insights into actionable plans that are implemented with new and existing advisors. These programs are delivered by a nationwide team of experienced consultants who work closely with advisors and the Schwab team to deliver interactive workshops as well as a high-touch consulting experience for our clients. The BCS team also produces white papers on a range of practice management issues in addition to creating resources to help advisors navigate compliance requirements.
What you’ll do:
Schwab’s practice management strategy is to deliver high quality programs around common strategic challenges faced by nearly all advisory firms. The Business Consultant delivers that content through interactive workshops, and then works with Schwab’s Relationship Managers to engage individual clients in a consulting engagement. The consulting engagement is focused on implementing change in the client organizations in order to improve performance across one of several areas of focus, typically impacting revenue growth, profitability or business succession.
A Registered Investment Adviser (RIA) is similar to many other small businesses – they have to balance their passion for the business (providing financial peace of mind) with the operational challenges of managing and growing their business. As a business owner, they are faced with numerous challenges that impact the health, profitability and longevity of their firm such as;
- Differentiating from the competition so they can retain and attract clients
- Growing their business at above-market growth rates
- Aligning all of their employees along a single vision to provide for consistency in messaging and service, and ultimately for delivering high levels of customer service and delight
- Optimizing profitability across their various client segments
- Preparing their business to be transitioned to the next generation of leadership.
The Business Consultant is instrumental in helping advisors address all of these critical growth, productivity and profitability management challenges. The Business Consultant helps the advisors with the operational aspects of the business so the advisors can focus on what they do best – help their clients manage their wealth. Working in collaboration with Schwab’s Relationship Managers, the Business Consultant is responsible for conducting consulting engagements and working with advisors to develop and implement meaningful changes in their individual firms. A consulting engagement typically lasts a few months and requires several meetings with the client. Most engagements are conducted in the advisor’s office and travel is required to meet with clients across the region. The goal goes beyond just imparting knowledge and recommendations to the advisor: it is about implementing specific steps and actions items within an advisory firm to positively change the outcome.
What you have:
For you to succeed in the role, you will need to:
- Quickly establish a strong rapport with clients where they respect your expertise, listen to your ideas and trust that you are looking out for their best interests
- Create a positive outcome in your consulting engagements so clients and their businesses are much better off after having worked with you
- Develop strong internal relationships with members of your Schwab virtual team
- Listen well so you can customize your recommendations and implementation steps to address a specific client, as every client will bring their own unique situation and set of challenges.
- Be well organized and successfully lead multiple projects at once, know the next steps you need to take with each prospect, and keep the positive momentum going with each engagement
- Have well-developed presentation and sales skills. Be comfortable presenting to senior executives.
- Be a positive instigator and make things happen, especially when it is easy to stall or delay. Be creative and persistent in overcoming obstacles, whether internally or externally.
- Be a major reason why clients continue to stay and grow with Schwab.
- Have the skill sets and ability to add value to those who have spent their lives in the advisory world
- Have a combination of 10 years of experience in sales, relationship management, consulting or other client facing roles
- Have an MBA and/or a clear understanding of business fundamentals (e.g., financial statements, business functions, organization structure)
- Travel at least 50%
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more aboutLife@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
|Languages:||English - spoken|
|Current Licenses / Certifications:||None|
|Relevant Work Experience:||Financial Services-6 yrs, Business Development and Sales-6 yrs|
|Position Located In:||TX - Plano, MN - Minneapolis, CO - Lone Tree, CA - Los Angeles, CA - San Francisco|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Activation Date: Wednesday, January 16, 2019
Expiration Date: Wednesday, May 1, 2019