Why a Great Opportunity
A major corporation, located in Plymouth Meeting, in suburban Philadelphia PA, is seeking a very experienced Business Intelligence (BI) Architect to join their technical staff. The Senior BI Architect is responsible for performing business intelligence functions related to data warehouse, ETL and reporting designs, business intelligence infrastructure and delivery of business intelligence service to end users, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Participate in the analysis and design of enterprise data warehouse and/or databases by applying current data warehouse methodologies and data modeling techniques.
- Design, develop, optimize, maintain and support ETL processes using Stored Procedures and data integration tools such as Microsoft SSIS.
- Develop the ETL and/or reporting application code based on documented requirements
- Create, execute, and document unit test plans for ETL and data integration processes and programs.
- Design and implement the data loading (ETL) and publishing processes within the database/Data warehouse/Business Intelligence environment.
- Maintain and ensure integrity of data through SQL transformations, cleansing and constraints
Routinely propose improvements to database processes and/or structures to improve supportability or usability and system performance. Responsible for on-call rotation to monitor alerts and re-mediate any occurrence of database or data system outage.
- Work with business users for continuous improvement of existing reporting and analytics to drive effective business improvement.
- Provide end-user support, including direct interaction with users, service desk support, and development of documentation, job aids and training guides.
Translate business requirements and any changes or additions to business intelligence framework into technical design specifications for implementation and documentation purposes.
Develop Oracle BI Repository (RPD) – logical columns, hierarchies, subject areas.
Develop and configuration of Kourier server for importing data from our ERP into data warehouse.
Understanding of relational database theory, principals and industry leading practices.
Familiarity with data warehousing and relational/dimensional modeling.
Mastery of ETL processes and concepts.
Experience in database performance optimization.
Expertise in MS SQL SSIS/SSAS Technologies as well as SSRS. Strong background in writing SQL scripts, complex queries and aggregate functions.
Experience with Oracle BI or other reporting tools.
Experience with cloud architecture and complex data structures.
Design experience in data model, Star Schema and Oracle BI RPD is preferred.
OBIEE, BICS or OACS interface experience is preferred.
Experience with Kourier (Kore) ETL tool preferred.
Strong knowledge in data analytics.
Education, Training, Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or related field and 3-5 years of experience in ETL development, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
5+ years’ experience PL/SQL, MS SQL SSIS , T-SQL.
2+ years in data warehouse concepts/architecture in high volume, real-time transactions and batch ETL jobs.
Experience working with high volume data exchange and integrating large structured and unstructured data in multiple formats, character sets, and delivery methods.
Experience working with a relational database using SQL (MS SQL or Oracle preferred).
College degree or equivalent
Experience with Oracle ERP cloud, OBIEE, RPD, OACS / BICS
Candidates should be U.S. citizens or permanent residents and live locally.