Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, we know that cutting-edge technology drives our success. As the Senior BI Software Developer, you will be responsible for applying complex technical, mathematical, and scientific techniques and knowledge to evaluate software from other sources, as well as design and develop new, complex software components, and modify and support existing production software. If you’re looking for a growth opportunity and a better lifestyle, join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Design and develop new software by applying techniques of computer science, engineering, and mathematical analysis that satisfy the objectives stated in the business requirements; follow industry best practices, techniques, and XPO Logistics standardized processes to deliver improved software solutions
- Evaluate and select process and logic patterns, programming language constructs, data storage methods, and operating environment interfaces that effectively satisfy business requirements and quantifiable measures
- Collaborate with architects, systems engineers, project managers, systems administrators, and operations analysts to deploy and implement solutions, and troubleshoot technical issues; lead the development team in the deployment/implementation of software solutions
- Introduce new industry standards and techniques that deliver improved software solutions; evaluate new technologies for inclusion in developed software solutions
- Certify the proper functioning and performance of software components using repeatable, reproducible, and reportable software testing methodologies; support software infrastructure by identifying and diagnosing software failures
- Install and upgrade software development tools
- Provide periodic 24/7 on-call software support as required by team’s rotation schedule
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering or related technical field, or certification in software engineering from ACM or IEEE
- 7 years of experience in software solutions development, preferably in medium to large corporate environments or commercial software companies
- Experience with rapid programming, agile development, software patterning, and refactoring techniques
- Knowledge of operating environment technologies (network, server, operating systems, database systems)
- Experience with Microsoft BI technology platforms including SSRS, SSAS, Power BI Desktop, and Power BI Services; building SSRS reports and dashboards, Power BI Desktop reports, business-oriented analytical data models, and SSAS tabular analytical models
- Experience with data security models and SQL Server and Oracle databases
- Experience working with large volumes of data and data warehouse concepts
- Ability to apply understanding of functionality of event-driven business models
- Expert knowledge using SQL language; solid knowledge of IT software development life cycle methodologies and processes
It’d be great if you also have:
- Master’s degree
- Leadership and project management training, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Experience in logistics and/or transportation management and business analysis
Be part of something big.
XPO provides cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the world's most successful companies, including Disney, Pepsi, L'Oréal, Toyota and many others. We’re the fastest-growing transportation company on the Fortune 500 list and we’re just getting started.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran, or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.