Xperi invents, develops and delivers technologies that enable extraordinary experiences. We make entertainment more entertaining, and smart devices smarter.
From the home to the car to everywhere in between, managing content and connections in a way that is smart, immersive, and personal is precisely what Xperi’s technologies do.
Our inventions are foundational to the global entertainment ecosystem and our products and data improve every aspect of the digital entertainment experience, from choice to consumption.
Content markets are changing, fast. Consumers face a simultaneously expanding and fragmenting set of choices. Xperi technology cuts through the chaos, putting us at the forefront of fast-moving trends in streaming, digital entertainment, and AI applications – in any environment.
Xperi is at the heart of extraordinary experiences.
We can’t wait to show you what’s next.
Sr. Business/Systems Analyst
The Business Systems (IT) team is a small group of high-energy individuals who focus on meeting objectives by providing innovative solutions and bringing clarity and simplicity to complex business and technology problems. A critical component of this team is the business and systems analyst who will frame business problems, gather requirements, identify opportunities, and facilitate solution creation and implementation on our upcoming roadmap of exciting projects.
This is an excellent opportunity for the qualified candidate to leverage his/her seasoned analytical skills to impact a diverse set of processes with state-of-the-art solutions in a small but highly successful company.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
The ideal candidate will work in a cross functional environment, involving collaboration with our Finance, Legal, Sales and Operations, Engineering and Marketing groups. Core focus areas will be proposal development, requirements gathering and analysis, assistance in design phases, test planning and oversight as well vendor management and coordination with our external partners. The ideal skill-set encompasses the ability to facilitate thoughtful interactions with representatives from the business, analyze complex problems, and create elegant solutions that combine efficiencies across the spectrum of users, processes, and systems. A solid background in various software development life-cycles (SDLCs), in particular Agile, as well as a proven track record in the development of key project artifacts such as project charters, requirements documentation, test plans will be essential.
Often, the ideal candidate will participate in frequent and impromptu working sessions with external partners that provide the candidate with opportunities to collaborate with systems programmers and business stakeholders to set specifications across the development life-cycle.
In this role you will be expected to:
- Quickly understand a stakeholder’s business issues and data challenges
- Facilitate requirements gathering sessions with project stakeholders and partners
- Identify process and systems strengths and weaknesses and suggest areas of improvement
- Develop, review and edit requirements, specifications, business processes and recommendations related to proposed solutions
- Assist in the development of functional specifications and system design specifications
- Plan and lead testing efforts in coordination with support from partners and external vendors
- Ensure issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner
- Communicate needed changes to development teams
- Assist and at times lead in development and enforcement of project deadlines and schedules
- Develop and refine project best practices as well as standard project documentation templates
- Communicate and apply project standards
- Consistently deliver high-quality services to our stakeholders
- Understand the components of running a fiscally successful project
- Act as an interface between the business’s stakeholders and our external partners
- Provide routine support and administration to the company’s business systems such as Salesforce, NetSuite, Power BI and the Atlassian suite
Required Education, Experience, and Skills
BS degree or equivalent in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Computer Systems, or Mathematics
- 6 current years’ experience with progressive roles as a Sr. Business or Systems Analyst
- Possesses understanding in the areas of application programming, database and system design
- Solid understanding of financial systems, in particular ERP experience is a must preferably with NetSuite and associated functionality from Zone, EPBCS and FCCS. Admin level experience is a strong plus
- Understanding and experience on SalesForce including configuration practices. Admin level experience is a strong plus
- Understands modern Internet, Intranet and client/server architectures. Strong experience with cloud services and SaaS preferred
- Experience in the creation of Process Mapping Documents and can proactively communicate and collaborate with customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements to deliver the needed artifacts (i.e., functional requirements, business requirements document, use cases, GUI and screen and Interface designs)
- Experience in dashboard design, report creation in the areas of Sales and Finance
- Proven ability to drive and challenge business units on their assumptions and execution of their plans
- Identifies critical issues with ease, assists in the facilitation of team and client meetings, delivers informative, well-organized presentations, and understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Generates enthusiasm among team members, proactively seeks opportunities to serve in leadership roles, and challenges others to develop as leaders while serving as a role model
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel required, including extensive ability to use and build spreadsheets using Excel advanced tactics (advanced excel formulas, pivot tables) for legacy system analysis and support
- 6 years of in-depth experience/knowledge of MS Office Suite and process modeling tools
- Experience with Data Analytics and warehouse tools a desired plus (i.e. Microsoft PowerBI, Tableau, Birst)
- Experience with Agile delivery methods (Scrum, Kanban, Disciplined Agile Delivery, Agile Unified Process, etc.) is desired
- Good understanding of standard business practices related to Accounting (Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, General Ledger, Invoicing), Sales Operations (Proposal, Orders, Forecasting, Territory Management, and Quotas), and Intellectual Property Licensing would be a plus