Nature of the Job:
The Sr. Buyer will be responsible for managing all activities of suppliers related to procurement and acquisition of materials and services to support the company plan at optimum cost, quality and delivery. Examine purchase requirements and shortages, obtained quotations, examined bids to negotiate best prices. Work with engineers and suppliers for alternative manufacturing sources and cost reductions. Research products, source vendors, and negotiate price, terms, and delivery of a wide variety of technical products including capacitors, resistors, inductors, transformers, relays, fuses, diodes, IC’s, cables, connectors, etc to effectively ensure maximum quality and profit. Expedited and updated open-order status reports for on time delivery. Serves as a liaison between manufacturing specialists and suppliers regarding late, damaged, and/or short orders. Provide purchasing/quoting support to CM for critical component shortages. Reconcile discrepancies between PO receipts and Accounts Payable. Maintain data integrity of PO and parts databases: management of MRP planning data, reviewing MRP Action messages, and placing/rescheduling/cancelling orders with suppliers as required. Manage discrepant material disposition and recovery plans. Coordinate purchasing details with suppliers regarding pricing revisions, order cancellation, discontinued items, acceptable substitutes, delivery date revisions, invoice reconciliation. Expedite shortages to meet manufacturing need dates and update commit dates on weekly shortage reports. Review requisitions for accuracy, completeness and prepare and process assigned purchase orders. Ensure materials are pipelined and in stock to meet company requirements.
- Bachelor degree and/or APIC certification
- 6+ years purchasing experience procuring electronic and electro-mechanical components, raw materials, and other production supplies including demonstrated strong negotiation skills with all levels of suppliers and internal customers.
- CM background with direct customer interface
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem-solving abilities
- Skilled in coordinating and prioritizing multiple projects simultaneously
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, including V-lookup's and Pivot Tables
- Good communication, writing skills and detail-oriented
- Able to function in a very fast paced environment and can adapt to change
EEO Employer Vets/Disabled