Sanmina Corporation (Nasdaq: SANM) is a leading integrated manufacturing solutions provider serving the fastest-growing segments of the global Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) market. Recognized as a technology leader, Sanmina Corporation provides end-to-end manufacturing solutions, delivering superior quality and support to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) primarily in the communications networks, defense and aerospace, industrial and semiconductor systems, medical, multimedia, computing and storage, automotive and clean technology sectors. Sanmina Corporation has facilities strategically located in key regions throughout the world.
The Sanmina Fremont facility is a full-service enclosure systems solution manufacturing plant. Located in California’s Silicon Valley, this facility produces low-to-mid volume New Product Introduction (NPI) runs to full-scale volume. The Fremont facility offers everything from small piece parts to fully integrated and tested systems. In addition, this location offers in-house painting capabilities and flexible logistics solutions in distribution, inventory management and hubbing, as well as repair services.
Nature of Duties/Responsibilities:
The Buyer is responsible for the planning and procurement of goods and services to support manufacturing and other operations.
- Works closely with Manufacturing and others departments in support of all procurement requirements, including: forecasting of non-inventory products, inventory management, non-inventory flow and space models, cycle counts, supplier management, procurement transaction and expediting support.
- Develops deep knowledge of non-inventory items and align with the plant to drive best practices
- Effectively communicate orders to vendors and applicable internal personnel
- Maintain and report on PO activities
- Act as liaison for business unit and finance partners to meet all necessary requirements/ needs (Month end accruals, etc.)
- Review new vendor Requests, screen and set up Procurement Vendor Records
- Manage purchasing transactions from inception to closure
- Analyze POs to resolve tax, accounting, and/or shipping discrepancies
- Liaise with internal stakeholders and vendors to establish purchasing requirements
- Scheduling, purchasing and expediting of Direct and Indirect materials in support of all departments.
- Negotiate with suppliers to achieve the best overall value.
- Responsible for supply of assigned commodities, parts, office supplies and indirect materials as required by all departments.
- Monitors inventory levels to determine required demand and adequate stock levels.
- Requests quotes, samples and production first articles for evaluation of new product designs and potential suppliers.
- Manages suppliers with price discrepancies, damaged or returned material, logistics and other supplier issues.
- Communicates and works with the Accounting Department on any payable issues.
- Maintains key policies and procedures.
- Reconciles material receipts and invoicing discrepancies.
- Manages assigned material inventories using established inventory control systems and tools including MRP.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Determine material requirements from engineering and production schedules.
- Acquire and maintain technical understanding of products purchased.
- Performs cost analysis and volume planning for major commodities.
- Obtain materials, components, equipment and services.
- Initiative to do research and develops new supply sources where vendors and suppliers are inadequate.
- Responsible for optimizing material costs through vendor analysis, quality, schedule, cost evaluation, etc.
- Apply cost effective measures as related to support standard cost and make/buy decisions.
- Establish cost saving proposals including: make-versus-buy analysis, alternative sourcing to reduce freight cost, and evaluate material cost from overseas suppliers to local suppliers in order to meet customer cost initiatives.
- Acts as a liaison between all internal departments on all matters involving materials and procurement affecting production and the shipping plan.
- Continuous price negotiation for cost reduction against customer requirement.
- Exercises judgment to determine appropriate action.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Electronics industry procurement experience preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong negotiating, decision-making, and sourcing skills required.
- APICS certification or training preferred.
- Competency in Excel to create and manage large data sets with V-look up and Pivot tables required.
- Oracle manufacturing systems experience preferred.
- Internet proficiency (supplier and inventory searching) highly desirable.
- Familiarity with government FAR and DFAR requirements desirable.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to multitask.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint, ect).
- Team Player.
- Successful candidate must be a US Citizen or Green Card Holder.
"Sanmina is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity"