Reports to the purchasing manager and also works with project management to develop and implement supply chain plans that deliver the best values in products and services considering form, fit, function, expertise, cost, delivery, and quality needed to meet major program initiatives/the development and launch of new products. Specific expertise required in the buying of printed circuit boards (PCBA), electronic components, electro mechanical parts, LCD’s, wire harnesses, machined parts, used to serve the Commercial and Military Aerospace markets.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties
- Demonstrates excellent communication, business acumen and judgement in interfacing with management to understand purchase requirements; interfacing with suppliers to communicate purchase requirements; supporting negotiation of more complex unique purchase terms and conditions.
- Interfaces with management to identify and communicate purchase requirements to be utilized and approved by management.
- Processes the most difficult and unique purchasing transactions in accordance with DAR/FAR and AS-9100
- Identifies and selects vendors to procure highly technical commodities meeting criteria of price, quality, quantity, availability, and delivery dates and places orders.
- Analyzes departmental/product bill of material purchase requisitions/requirements for completeness and accuracy of information. Contacts department or initiator to clarify and complete information. Determines method needed to process requisition such as bid, request for proposal, or blanket contract.
- Utilizes ERP system to identify requirement, place purchase orders, and follow up on delivery.
- Negotiates contracts and bid proposals meeting company delegated signature authority policy.
- Interprets and communicates purchasing procedures and policies to departments, vendors and staff.
- Distributes and manages technical bid invitations or requests for proposal, receives and analyzes quotes, bids, and proposals, and awards the contract.
- Monitors the maintenance of records regarding pricing and ordering of materials; prepares reports analysis and recommendations.
Qualifications - Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Business acumen and judgement.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of purchasing.
- Knowledge of printed circuit boards (PCBA), electronic components, electro mechanical parts, LCD’s, wire harnesses, machined parts used to serve the Commercial and Military Aerospace markets.
- Highly organized with attention to detail, skilled in verbal and written communication.
- Using ERP/MRP systems for determining requirements for recurring production, as well as, new product development.
- Microsoft office suite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in related field and four years of buying experience, or seven years of buying experience; or any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.