Federal Mogul has recently been acquired by Tenneco, Inc. The strategic combination of Tenneco’s Ride Performance business with Federal-Mogul’s Motorparts business will establish a global aftermarket leader with an impressive portfolio of some of the strongest brands in the aftermarket including Monroe®, Walker®, Wagner®, Champion®, Fel-Pro® and MOOG®. The company’s broader aftermarket product coverage, stronger distribution channels, and enhanced channel development will strengthen its position in established and high growth markets (China and India), and drive success through new mobility models and capturing evolving e-commerce opportunities.
An ideal candidate for the Sr. Buyer will have a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Supply Chain, or Materials Management and at least 5-10 years of work experience performing purchasing and/or procurement related tasks in a manufacturing industry. Lead sourcing/purchasing efforts for all Capital Expenditures, Packaging and Indirect Goods and Service needs of the Skokie manufacturing plant. Also, this position will identify, maintain and negotiate commercial agreements with suppliers including aspects relating to quality, pricing and delivery.
We are ready to act immediately on those candidates who are the best fit for the role. You’ll first hear from someone in Talent Acquisition to schedule a phone screen, and then the next step will be a personal interview with the hiring manager. We pride ourselves on moving through processes quickly, and you can be sure of transparency and prompt communication throughout.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage sourcing/purchasing for Capital Equipment expenditures. Includes, negotiating pricing, terms, delivery and quality.
- Define required KPIs (Quality, Productivity, Contracts/T&Cs, Supplier Rationalization, Localization, etc) and SLAs (On Time Delivery, Fill Rate, Expedited work, etc) to meet Total Cost Expectations (Q-V-C) and Plant demand.
- Coordinate with all value stream leaders and key stakeholders regarding their product/service needs, sourcing, ordering and delivery issues as they arise.
- Lead efforts with Indirect Goods and Service providers for Skokie plant. Includes defining sources, negotiating agreements, pricing, and leading quarterly business reviews.
- Manage the Inbound Packaging Category and identify ways to optimize and improve Total Cost
- Prepare required documentation for supplier meetings or negotiations.
- Develop and manage the RFQ/RFI process for all Capital Expenditures, Packaging and Indirect Goods and Services.
- Identify best in class sources, process and solutions.
- Prepare financial analysis of RFQ results and communicate optimal option to stake holders.
- Attend meetings as required to support CapEx project, Packaging needs and all Indirect Goods and Service reviews and progress updates.
- Interface between suppliers and engineering/operations/marketing to answer any questions related to RFQ.
- Conduct quarterly/monthly business reviews with Indirect service providers to address open issues, service charges, and opportunities (KPIs and SLAs).
Education:Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Materials Management or Supply Chain required.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5-10 years’ experience in Purchasing / Effective Negotiation / Planning processes and Systems.
- Experience source selection and negotiation skills with Capital, Packaging, Indirect and or automotive industry products and services.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals SOW, drawings, KPIs and SLA’s. Ability to write routine reports and business correspondence.
- Analytical abilities necessary to plan and prioritize own work, complete work on schedule and maintain required records and logs.
- Communication skills in order to present information and respond to questions from customers/suppliers or employees.
- Stronginterpersonal skills necessary to exchange information with variety of staff, suppliers and customers.
- Knowledgeand understanding of applicable regulatory requirements, such as OSHA standards, TS16949 and ISO 14001 policies and procedures.
- Desire to Travel locally and regionally (North America).