Sr. Cabling Specialist
Contract Length: 12 Month
As a member of the IT- Services Field Services Unit, the Senior Cabling Specialist is responsible for the installation, repair and
maintenance of a variety of network and communications cabling including CAT-3, CAT -5, CAT-6 and fiber optic in support of
campus departments or organizations. Work assignments include voice, data and private line communications services.
Detailed Knowledge of the current range of methods, technologies, and equipment associated with the installation,
maintenance, repair, and testing of voice, data, and fiber optic cabling.
- Skilled in the placement, patching, connectorization and testing of fiber optic cable, including the ability to comprehend
fiber circuit design information, assigned coordinates, and connectivity issues with regard to the Campus Backbone.
- Detailed knowledge of the installation, testing, and repair issues and parameters associated with special services
including 2 and 4 wire private line service, single and multi-point communications lines, and modems etc.
- Detailed knowledge and associated skill regarding the installation and maintenance of CAT-3, CAT-5 and CAT-6 cabling.
- Detailed knowledge of the organization and installation requirements of telephone closets utilizing BIC, 66, 110, or other
- Skill in the appropriate performance of testing and troubleshooting procedures, including Db loss tests for installed
circuits and data connectivity from switch to patch panel to faceplate, troubleshooting CBN fiber.
- Detailed knowledge of industry safety standards including those involved in working with fiber optic cable, and those
pertaining to work in construction sites, small crawl spaces, close to electrical circuitry, and utilizing the variety of
- Detailed knowledge of standard industry methods and nomenclature pertaining to telecommunications engineering,
including the ability to locate and apply appropriate information sources.
- Ability to work with equal effectiveness both independently as well as collaboratively.
Detailed knowledge of 24/48 port patch panels, routers, and switches, including functional and installation requirements
such as racking and stacking routers and switches, MAC for Network Managed Systems, and activation of voice and data
- Knowledge of the range of voice, data, and video equipment, products, and services installed at locations.
- Skill in the creation of circuit drawings and specifications based on analysis of customer requirements
- Ability to effectively determine priorities, and develop estimates regarding time and resource requirements, including
the ability to exercise judgment and demonstrate flexibility in addressing unexpected events.
- Ability to assume a leadership role in effectively exercising lead responsibilities for installation and maintenance projects
involving voice and data cabling, or fiber patching.
- Skill in the maintenance of accurate records of fiber patching and connectorizations.
- Oral communication skills to communicate technical and non-technical information to audiences of varied background,
degree of technical expertise, and level of authority.
- Writing skills to produce technical and non-technical documentation and reports meeting professional standards for
form, structure, grammar, spelling, etc.
- Interpersonal skills to work with equal effectiveness with the range of people encountered in the workplace,
including peers, subordinates, management, administrative and academic customers, and vendors.
- Valid California driver's license with no work-related driving restrictions.
- Ability to work effectively in a complex environment involving rapidly changing priorities, heavy workloads, physical
disruptions and highly fluid authority structures. All Required
Please contact me directly with your current resume.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178