Elbit Systems of America is a leading provider of high performance products, system solutions, and support services focusing on the defense, homeland security, commercial aviation, and medical instrumentation markets. With facilities throughout the United States, Elbit Systems of America is dedicated to supporting those who contribute daily to the safety and security of the United States. Elbit Systems of America, LLC is wholly owned by Elbit Systems Ltd. (NASDAQ: ESLT and TASE: ESLT), a global high technology company engaged in a wide range of programs for innovative defense and commercial applications. For additional information, visit: www.elbitsystems-us.com or follow us on Twitter.
Apply knowledge and experience in the metrology field in order to calibrate inspection, measurement, and test equipment (IM&TE) in the electrical, dimensional, optical, physical, mechanical, environmental, and/or electronic disciplines to ensure measurement accuracy. Develop testing and calibration procedures and required data results for instruments and equipment, using blueprints, schematics, technical manuals, and other specifications as requirements.
- Adapts equipment, standards, and procedures to accomplish specific operational verifications.
- Maintain calibration standards/masters appropriate for IM&TE verification.
- Maintains a source of data from calibration results to assure a proper audit trail is available to ESA customers.
- Initiates corrective actions to address identified measurement anomalies.
- Assists others with equipment installation, use, maintenance, and repair.
- Using mathematical formulae, analyzes and converts test data and reports results and any proposed modifications.
- Disassembles and reassembles instruments and equipment as required in order to inspect instruments and equipment for defects.
- Communicates regularly with equipment users to apprise them of the calibration status of their measuring and test equipment, including reports delineating which items are about to expire calibration, are overdue or non located items.
- Writes new or modifies existing laboratory procedures, calculates required tolerances of accuracy and specifies data required to show compliance to required accuracy.
- Modifies performance and operation of component parts and circuitry to specifications, using test equipment and precision instruments.
- Instructs other team members in procedures particular to his/her expertise.
- Generates purchasing documentation necessary to move some measuring equipment to outside support for service.
Based upon program requirements, it is likely that this position will require a clearance in the future. We are seeking a candidate that will be eligible to obtain a security clearance if needed.
Requires a technical Associates degree or equivalent technical background, and a minimum of 8 years experience in the repair and calibration of electronic/electro-mechanical, process control test and mechanical equipment. Requires a working knowledge of Microsoft Office or equivalent type software. Requires excellent communication and customer service skills. Candidate should have a desire to update their technical skills to stay current with an ever changing technology. This position requires frequent physical activity including walking, standing, lifting up to 25 pounds.