The Supply Chain Sr Category Manager is responsible for leading procurement sourcing activities on some of the highest value categories. The manager is responsible for the development of category procurement strategy, goals and savings targets in line with company strategy, sourcing events, supply market analysis, and procurement best practices for his/her assigned categories.
The Supply Chain Sr Category Manager is responsible for the new supplier selection processes and developing/maintaining supplier relationships, while identifying best cost solutions and leveraging opportunities across designated categories. He/She will support the Manager of Enterprise Wide- Private label, in the development & execution of sourcing strategies, delivering on cost saving initiatives and contract negotiations. He/She will also function as the “lead” to the other categories managers for guidance, support, training, & collaboration with other departments, etc.
Main Function Group 1— Category Rationalization
- Conduct supplier analysis, evaluate potential suppliers, and manage the overall supplier qualification process.
- Prioritize and manage all strategic sourcing initiatives for managed categories. Develop and create sourcing plans, requests for proposal, and other sourcing documents.
- Identify "best cost" solutions for designated categories (or sub-categories) and cross-functional BU projects.
Main Function Group 2— Communication
- Manage supplier relationships and execute supplier performance management techniques in accordance with standards and guidelines.
- Evaluate and recommend purchasing and sourcing decisions to management.
- Establish rapport with other Patterson teams, build effective relationships, and share wins and successes
Main Function Group 3 — Continuous Improvement
- Monitors the market and identify opportunities resulting from new product offerings and/or market shifts (e.g., entry or exit of vendors, changes in pricing) for assigned categories.
- Develop market intelligence on supply base, own key vendor relationships based on assigned categories and monitor key strategies and vendors.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and efficiencies, proactively question existing processes and procedures, and implement change to gain efficiencies
Main Function Group 4 — Other Category Team Functions
- Develop productivity pipeline to deliver gross YOY productivity improvements for assigned categories..
- Assist in the Recruitment, hire and development of the Category Management Team
- Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Below are examples) :
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field.
- 7+ years of applicable experience including Sourcing and Supply Chain.
- Substantial experience in category management or strategic sourcing and pricing and contract T&Cs negotiations; negotiation aptitude.
- Strong supplier relationship development and Industry experience.
- Experience leading project teams.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to work and influence others from different functional areas and levels within and outside the organization.
- Knowledge of contract/purchasing law.
- Excellent organizational, decision making and analytical skills. Effectively prioritizes multiple demands and heavy workload.
- Proficiency in MS Office - (Word, Excel, Power Point Etc.)
Preferred Qualifications (Below are examples) :
- Master’s degree
- Professional qualification / certification from related professional body, (ISM – CPM / CPSM, APICS) would be an added advantage
- International buying and logistics experience
- Knowledge of and/or experience in a Distribution/ Logistics environment
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Patterson Companies, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.