We are PepsiCo Sales. We are game changers, mountain movers and history makers. We are a diverse group, spread among 200 countries and united by a shared set of values and goals. That’s why we Perform with Purpose. Together, we blaze new trails, succeed, celebrate and never settle for second best. At PepsiCo, we’re committed to performing well as individuals and in teams, to strengthen the company as a whole. Are you hungry to be a part of the World’s largest portfolio of billion-dollar food and beverage brands? Then now is the time to explore the opportunities of PepsiCo: what makes you unique makes us better.
This role will report to the Director of Category Leadership:
The Sr. Category Manager Large Format will be responsible for leading the category management with our Large Format Retail customers in PBNA’s West Division. She/He will be distinguished provide recommendations and execute on category management strategies and tactics to accelerate both category growth and maximize the growth potential across the PepsiCo portfolio. She/He possesses excellent customer management skills, will be comfortable navigating ambiguity to define and deliver on strategic initiatives with customers. She/He will have well-developed cross-functional collaboration skills, and partner to leverage cross-functional resources to shape and deliver an insights-driven large format category growth agenda.
The Sr. Category Manager Large Format will collaborate closely with sales leadership and cross-functional team members to develop and deliver category management expertise to Large Format Customers. She/he will develop and execute against pro-active insights agenda to identify and commercialize mutual growth opportunities. The leader in this role will work with our sales leadership and have an opportunity to build a broad business perspective and network of relationships across the organization while working on a tight-knit and high performing team. This is an ideal role for someone interested in having a significant impact on the business while also elevating the overall capabilities and visibility of the category management team.
The Sr. Manager will have the opportunity to lead how we unlock demand at a more granular level leveraging PepsiCo’s suite of proprietary tools and multiple data sources. Collaboration, customer development skills and thought leadership are at a premium in this role. It will be important for this leader to also be efficiency-oriented, have strong project management skills and process orientation to optimize our resources for the greatest commercial return. The leader in this role will work with our KAMs and field leaders so it is an excellent role for building a broad business perspective and network of relationships across the organization while working on a tight-knit and high performing team.
- Partner with Sales to deliver fact-based selling stories to drive sales growth and profit for our Large Format Customers
- Support the development of our strategic plan and monitor its execution within our Large Format Customers
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with our Large Format Customers through superior objective insight development and presentation
- Maintain frequent, clear and open communication within and among cross-functional teams regarding projects, insights and/or company issues
- Conduct detailed analysis and reporting, utilizing the appropriate information resources
- Assess execution of KPIs for Large Format Customers
- Support field sales team for Large Format Customers by delivering insights and analysis capabilities on product and category reviews
- Lead category management and space/merchandising/insight initiatives for Large Format Customers
- Work across functions with peers in other groups to ensure collaboration for shared goals
- Coach, direct and support the analysts in regards to project and insight development
- Provide guidance to direct reports, ensuring clarity around priorities and goals, communicating financial, goal results and key performance indicators
- Cultivate high-performance culture with continual training and development of team members to enhance business knowledge, analytical skills and tool usage
- Bachelor’s Degree, Advanced Degree preferred
- 2 years of category management or syndicated data experience
- 5 years’ experience in analyzing and interpreting data and team/project management experience on CPG sales (or equivalent)
- Strong leadership skills: the ability to direct activities of individual team members towards goals
- Strong analytical skills: the ability to link strategies and objectives to develop a plan, ability to understand, interpret and communicate complex data
- Excellent communication skills: ability to send and receive information clearly and concisely
- Strong planning/organizing skills: capable of managing major projects simultaneously
- Able to establish and attain high standards for self and team; able to make decisions and solve problems
- Strong technical acumen preferred
- Superior presentation skills, both in the development of compelling stories and in presenting them at all levels within customer and internal organization
- Critical thinking and strategic acumen – demonstrated thought leadership and ability to link strategies and objectives to develop and execute the plan
- Need thorough understanding of IRI/Nielsen syndicated data, and prefer experience with other industry data sources(HH panel, Shopper Sights, loyalty data etc.) and exposure to Space Management and relevant software (e.g. JDA ProSpace)
- Must be willing and able to travel 30-40% of the time
- This position is limited to persons with indefinite right to work in the United States
Job Type: Regular
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement