Sr Claim Examiner(
Casualty Claim Examiner
Western Claim Service Center - Phoenix
Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients. The company is distinguished by its extensive product and service offerings, broad distribution capabilities, exceptional financial strength, underwriting excellence, superior claims handling expertise and local operations globally.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze first report to determine nature of loss, coverage provided and scope of injury/damage in personal and commercial auto and general liability cases.
- Conduct investigations of all aspects of reported claims including potential fraud. Secure all appropriate supporting documentation and verify same for accuracy, relationship and completeness.
- Apply knowledge of jurisdictional regulations and case law in all territories handled.
- Effectively negotiate liability and damages where appropriate.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and monitor cases to achieve timely development and disposition of inventory
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Full knowledge of insurance contracts, investigation techniques, legal requirements and insurance regulation
- An aptitude for evaluating, analyzing, and interpreting contracts and other complex information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Current Claims Adjuster licenses in one or more states preferred but must be willing to obtain additional state
**Candidate is required to obtain the adjuster licenses for the required states and obtain state certificates in the required states for the Chubb Claims Service Center within 90 days of hire. In the event you do not obtain a valid state adjuster license and meet the eligibility requirements your employment with Chubb may be terminated licensures.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 3-5 years of complex liability insurance claims adjusting
- Certified Paralegal, Legal Assistant or litigation adjuster experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For additional information about Chubb or its services, please visit our website at http://www.new.chubb.com .
In order to be considered an applicant for employment with Chubb, all applicants must go to Chubb’s Careers website to apply for the position(s) of interest and complete an online application. If you do not complete the online application, you will not be considered an applicant in accordance with Chubb’s policy.
Chubb Phoenix-Pinnacle Peak Rd