Johns Hopkins Medicine is committed to a tripartite mission of Patient Care, Research and Education. The department provides full radiation treatment services at 5 campuses in the Baltimore and Washington areas. There are currently 12 medical accelerators, anticipating to grow to 15.
- The new proton center is scheduled to start treating patient in October of 2019.
- The center will have three rotating gantries for clinical use and one fixed beam room for research.
- Our Department of Radiation Oncology provides a full range of clinical services at JHU and one satellite facility, including IMRT, image-guidance, stereo-tactic radiosurgery (linac based and GammaKnife), as well as HDR and LDR brachytherapy.
- The department is equipped with 2 Philips CT Simulators, 3 new Elekta Accelerators, a Tomotherapy system , an Accuray Cyberknife, and a Nucletron HDR unit.
- Treatment planning is currently performed on Philips Pinnacle system and Mosaiq OIS for treatment management. The proton therapy center will use the Raystation treatment planning system.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
The Department of Radiation Oncology and Molecular Radiation Sciences at Johns Hopkins University is seeking a dosimetrist interested in joining JHU’s clinical team at our Bayview Campus.
- JHU currently has 12 dosimetrists that cover planning for 3D conformal, IMRT, Tomotherapy and Cyberknife treatments.
- The team also participates in the translational research activities helping to maintain JHU at the forefront of clinical practice.
- The ongoing translational activities include advancements in intensity modulated radiation therapy with static and arc beams, adaptive and image-guided radiation therapy, and head and body stereo-tactic techniques.
- The successful applicant will be expected to join the team of dosimetrists to create the highest quality external beam treatment plans.
- Participation in the Division's clinical and educational programs is expected as well.
The qualified candidate should be a CMD or board eligible, and have demonstrable experience with treatment planning in Pinnacle and with Mosaiq.
- Board certified with experience with the treatment planning Pinnacle. Raystation, Cyberknife and/or Tomotherapy planning experience would be a plus.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.