Company in Elk Grove Village, IL is looking for a Senior CNC Programmer to join their 1st shift team. This person would have direct experience working with live tool / mill turn machines such as Nakamura-Tome.
- Ability to interpret customer drawings, work instructions, in-process control plans and understand GD&T.
- 7 years` experience operating and setting up CNC equipment.
- 4 years` experience using CAD system Master Cam, Unigraphics, SolidWorks or similar is acceptable but additional training may be required. 4 years` experience programming CNC machines.
- 2 years using multi-axis programming and machining (4th axis, Horizontal, 5 Axis).
- Ability to create/design work holding/fixturing and designate tool selection.
- Ability to sequence process parts to achieve quality and meet financial objectives.
- Strong trouble shooting ability with speeds and feeds, work holding, tool selection and machining approach.
- Ability to work with QC for publication of in-process inspection plans.
Duties & expectations:
- Operate CNC machine in a manner that is safe, producing quality product and meeting production expectations set forth by management. Mentor set up and operators, when applicable.
- Program production parts using existing CAD models, utilizing Master Cam, Unigraphics, Esprit or other.
- Save programs to network server for follow on orders following company procedure.
- Design and create work holding fixtures, process and improve work instructions on routers.
- Report any maintenance issues to Maintenance Manager or immediate supervisor.
- Utilizing existing (new or repeat) programs, tools, fixtures, machine posts and set up parts for 1st piece approval.
- Look for continuous improvement of processes and understand the contribution to the effectiveness of the QMS.
- Keep clean and organized work area.
- Work with QC to get first piece approved and in process inspection plans in place.
- Work with other programmers for any technical issues or trouble shooting when needed.
- Train operators (1st and 2nd shift) to properly run production and document inspections, as required.
- Document work on in process inspection plans, production log, router and ERP system as applicable to maintain traceability and quality records.
- Insure that our FOD program is being considered during production activity.
- Communicate any concerns or issues related to production of parts, safety and quality to immediate supervisor for machine or project.
- Maintain a positive attitude. Be team leader and team player.
- Have basic measuring tools: Caliper, Micrometer, Test Indicator and maintain in current calibration.
- Only use calibrated measuring equipment whether personal or company supplied. If not in proper calibration notify quality department to have corrected immediately.
- Handle all inspection equipment, machines and parts in a manner that will not damage or compromise integrity.
- In the event of lack of work or another department needing assistance, may be asked to do any of the following but not limited to: CNC
- Setup, Cleaning, Operator, Manual Machining, Tool Management, In?process inspection of ongoing production parts.
- Aware of quality policies, procedures, objectives, contribution to conformance of product, safety and ethics.
PLEASE LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
***$500 Referral Bonus ***
We will pay you a referral bonus for anyone you refer to us after they have worked 90 calendar days.