Be a part of the future of cloud at one of the fastest growing and profitable companies in enterprise software. Veeva is experiencing rapid growth and strong demand as the cloud software market is evolving toward industry-specific, cloud solutions. Veeva topped the Fortune Future 50 list of U.S. companies poised for breakout growth and was listed as one of the fastest growing companies among Forbes Fast Tech 25.
We build innovative SaaS solutions that span CRM, content management, and data for the life sciences industry. We serve more than 700 customers ranging from emerging biotechs to the largest global pharmaceutical companies including Bayer, Lilly, Merck, and Novartis.
We are driven by our core values: do the right thing, employee success, customer success, and speed. We are innovators, collaborators, and thought leaders out to create and bring to market solutions that help our customers improve and extend human life.
Veeva is looking for an experienced communications leader and self-starter that is an exceptional storyteller and writer. The person in this role will help lead key public relations programs and drive consistency and cohesion of all product and thought leadership communications globally, including all planning, execution, and deliverables. Collaborating closely with the communications team, CMO, product marketing, and market owners, you will roll up your sleeves drive all content creation and execution, including but not limited to press releases, bylined articles, customer case studies, blogs, video scripts, infographics, and whitepapers. You will play a critical role in elevating Veeva’s brand awareness and affinity with our customers, reporting to the vice president of corporate communications.
You are a strategic thinker and a doer that manages your workload to get things done on time, with high quality. You are intellectually curious, always searching for the nuggets that are the genesis of great stories. You have a reporter mindset and ask probing questions to get to the heart of what you need. You are proactive in understanding the business areas you support and are continually working hard to uncover new ways to get the company story out there. You have an uncanny knack for getting to the simple idea and translating it into well-written, compelling content that our customers want to read. You’re comfortable working with ambiguity and finding your own answers. You come up with great ideas and know all the steps it takes to move them from concept to launch and over the finish line. You are easy to work with and enjoy being part of a collaborative, fast-paced, and changing environment. Nothing rattles handle pressure-filled situations and tight deadlines with calmness and grace.
- Help drive global communications strategies and plans, including developing pitches and stories, leading product launches, creating campaigns, and executing across multiple channels.
- Manage relationships with our PR agency teams to set our global communications calendar and define audience engagement strategies and vehicles that will support our goals.
- Drive thought leadership to help build company awareness across our commercial business.
- Create original content and oversee of various communications activities, including press releases, bylined articles, customer case studies, blogs, video scripts, and whitepapers.
- Collaborate closely with product marketing, customer marketing, and field marketing to create original content and copy write, edit, and proofread other content as needed.
- Help repurpose and integrate content for multiple channels and ensure that messaging and stories are coherent and consistent across multiple types of content.
- Develop and institute communications protocols, best practices, and processes that will drive greater efficiencies in how we work and operate as a global communications team.
- 8+ years of experience that includes PR agency and in-house communications roles
- Bachelors in Journalism, Marketing, PR, English, Communications or related field
- Exceptional ability to write and communicate clearly and concisely
- An exceptional storyteller that knows how to mine for great stories
- Must be able to simultaneously focus on big picture, details, and driving results
- Track record creating thought leadership in the technology sector
- Strong strategic thinking and ability to influence at all levels
- for translating complex topics into compelling, digestible stories
- Deep experience executing coordinated, company-wide communications strategies
- Uncanny ability to connect the dots across multiple initiatives
- Superb organizational, project, and time management skills to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to repurpose content into multiple content types for distribution in many channels
- spirit of collaboration and proven ability to work across different groups
- Can give feedback thoughtfully and receive it gracefully
- Passion for creating excellent, high-quality deliverables
- Highly self-motivated and results-driven with a can-do attitude
Nice to Have
- Enterprise software and SaaS experience
- Corporate communications role in a similar size company or larger
- Executive communications experience with C-level execs
- Strong business acumen and quantitative analytical skills
Veeva Systems is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, Veeva serves more than 700 customers, ranging from the world's largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia, and Latin America.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.
We don’t accept candidates from recruiters or placement agencies. If you have a candidate interested in Veeva, they should apply directly below or at email@example.com. For more information regarding this policy click here.