The primary purpose of the Senior Communications Specialist, Integrated Media, position is to support MD Anderson's social media strategy and program through the development of patient-, survivor- and caregiver-facing social media/digital content; posting to and monitoring organization social media accounts, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, etc.; and acting as a social media "community manager" to build and strengthen relationships online.
- Social Media Program/Project Coordination: Under the direction of the associate director, Integrated Media, drafts and develops patient-, survivor- and caregiver-facing content for the organization's social media accounts, including the Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, Snapchat, Pinterest and external Cancerwise blog. Responsible for day-to-day posting, monitoring and response for organizational social media accounts. Addresses online customer service reviews/complaints through response and collaboration with Patient Advocacy, Risk Management, Legal Services, Human Resources and associated departments.
- Online Community Management:Identifies ,develops and maintains relationships with key external and internal constituents and clients, including patients, caregivers, bloggers and advocacy groups who are active and influential in social media. Translates relationships into social media content, deliverables and communication tactics. Routinely attends face-to-face meetings with constituents and client leadership, attends key customer meetings and is available for consultation, as needed.
- Writing/Editing: Writes and develops content for a variety of audiences interacting with MD Anderson's social and digital properties through blog posts, social media posts, infographics and graphics, animation scrips and other materials. Clear, consistent writing and editing in all work products. Command of Associated Press and MD Anderson style. Proactively tracks down story ideas. Optimizes content for search engines.
- Measurement: Tracks and analyzes success of communications, provides status reports and identifies as well as solves potential problems .
- Employee Status: Regular
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 59,600
- Midpoint Salary: US Dollar (USD) 74,500
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 89,400