POSITION SUMMARY: BASIC FUNCTION
The Compensation Analyst supports the compensation function by developing and administering NTT’s pay philosophy and programs as well as analyzing compensation data and trends. This position ensures that pay plans are competitive, fiscally viable and in accordance with state and federal laws. The Compensation Analyst will evaluate NTT’s renumeration packages by analyzing employee responsibilities and doing comparative analysis by region and industry. This position requires outstanding business acumen and sound understanding of compensation analysis.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consults and advises HR regarding compensation policy interpretation, new hire offers, promotions, market analysis, job evaluation, and other compensation projects and initiatives.
- Provides advice and analysis through the annual merit and bonus process.
- Evaluates jobs and recommends levels to ensure internal equity and external competitiveness as well as FLSA status.
- Prepares compensation-related training material.
- Assists in the design, implementation, and administration of compensation programs and policies.
- Develops and documents procedures to ensure compliance.
- Works with HRIS to ensure that all systems meet compensation needs and are updated according to compensation changes.
- Studies labor market and compensation related trends.
- Benchmarks jobs against survey data and other market intelligence to determine competitive compensation ranges for each position.
- Prepares and maintains job classifications and salary scales.
- Prepares and presents summary reports of job analysis and compensation analysis information.
- Advises management on applicable state and federal regulations, compensation policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Extensive knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Extensive knowledge of human resource laws, regulations and best practices.
- Proven ability to be analytical and handle data effectively.
- Possess the maturity to handle sensitive information and make sound decisions.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks while still delivering high quality results.
- Ability to function as an effective and respected partner to internal clients.
- Ability to understand the labor market and trends over time.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbal and written.
- Ability to be highly confidential.
- Strong organizational and project administration skills.
- Proficient with computers to include the utilization of Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Manages stress and/or fast-pace effectively.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field or equivalent education and/or relevant experience required.
- Minimum of 7-10 years’ experience in the analysis, design and/or administration of compensation programs.
- Experience with Compensation in a Global environment preferred.
- CCP or PHR certification preferred.
- High school diploma required.
- Primarily sitting with some walking, standing, and bending.
- Able to hear and speak into a telephone.
- Close visual work on a computer terminal.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate any required computer keyboard, mouse, and other technical instruments.
- Able to lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
- Able to climb a ladder and work on a raised platform.
- Standard office environment.
- Extensive daily usage of workstation or computer.
- Some remote work permitted.
- Must possess a current, valid state-issued driver’s license.
- Must satisfactorily pass company-required background check process.