CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) is the second largest U.S. communications provider to global enterprise customers. With customers in more than 60 countries and an intense focus on the customer experience, CenturyLink strives to be the world’s best networking company by solving customers’ increased demand for reliable and secure connections. The company also serves as its customers’ trusted partner, helping them manage increased network and IT complexity and providing managed network and cyber security solutions that help protect their business.
Responsible for all aspects of completing the delivery of new telecommunications networks in one or more locations through vendor management and vendor engagement; including supervising the estimating, design, engineering, scheduling and construction implementation of multiple network infrastructure deployment projects.
- Defines and reviews comprehensive plans for large, complex, highly technical projects that cover the following: phased delivery plan; resource requirements, project costs, project schedule; risk assessment and mitigation; opex and capital budget requirements; team structure and accountability matrix; project governance and reporting.
- Effectively leads a cross-functional team in the planning and execution of large, projects. Team may include company employees from various internal departments as well as outside contractors and engineering firms. Construction Engineer must establish and drive clear accountability for all outside vendors and create an environment that enables high performance.
- Leads the solution deployment. Covering everything from the network architecture, construction methodologies, material selection, acquisition and handling, field installation activities, project acceptance activities, and operational hand-over activities.
- Responsible for in-scope, on schedule, on budget delivery. Establishes the appropriate project team structure, reporting and metrics to measure, monitor performance against plan reporting frequent status updates to internal stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to lead and positively motivate cross-functional teams of engineers, construction managers, contractors and consulting employees to successful completion of such projects.
- Ability to drive vendors to complete projects on time and meet aggressive timelines. Must be able to prioritize a heavy workload and stay flexible on meeting internal schedules.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent job experience.
- Relevant job background, knowledge, and experience is described as:
- 7+ years of related experience
- 4+ with a Master's Degree
- Outside Plant
- Network Implementation Engineer
- Cost estimating
- Outside Plant Construction
- Vendor Management
- Fiber Management Systems
- Route Planning
- Capacity Management
- Outside Plant Engineering
- Fiber placement
- Fiber Optic Network Implementation
- Strategic customer relationship management.
- Strong general business acumen.
- Exceptional organizational, prioritization and written/verbal communication skills.
- Proven creative problem solver.
- Proven results in building strong peer level relationships-coordination and alignment with the managers who will ultimately operate the network is considered imperative to overall success of these projects.
- Strong computer skills with emphasis using Microsoft Word, Excel and Project as well as a variety of mapping programs.
- Positive and professional attitude.
- Personal experience estimating, engineering, permitting and constructing OSP Projects.
- A knowledge base full of OSP Engineering standards and practices
- Firsthand experience in OSP operations, administration, and maintenance.
- The principles and practices behind Fiber Network Management (e.g. route planning, fiber assignments, capacity management, fiber types, splicing requirements, testing requirements, and power requirements)
- Office- Sits 5-7 hours per day; Bend, reach, stoop and crouch, lift 10 lbs.
Alternate Location: US-Colorado-Broomfield
Requisition #: 214655
This job may require successful completion of an online assessment. A brief description of the assessments can be viewed on our website at http://find.centurylink.jobs/testguides/
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.