Founded in 1886, Buckeye Partners has a proven track record of stability and success. We pride ourselves on the laser focus we apply to safely providing service and value to our customers, operating by a strong set of values, and empowering our employees to make decisions. We have a tenacious commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance in all that we do.
Voted one of the Top Places to Work by employees in Houston Chronicle’s® Top Workplaces, as well as one of Lehigh Valley's Top Workplaces, it is our internal culture that sets us apart from other companies. Our goal is to provide our employees with a greater span of responsibility, the ability to make decisions, and access to experts to help you build your skills and experiences. Each of our career tracks provides employees with the ability to innovate, and be a significant contributor from their first day on the job.
Buckeye Partners is currently seeking a Senior Construction Manager with significant pipeline, terminal and/or processing facility construction experience to join our growing team!
*Depending on the qualifications of the applicants, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level.
The Senior Construction Manager role is responsible for managing worksite-based inspectors and ensuring construction projects are in compliance with Buckeye safety procedures and engineering and construction specifications. This role will facilitate safe, environmentally sound, technically compliant site safety and construction oversight for pipeline, terminal and process facility projects through frequent site audit and validation of inspector qualifications.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include:
· Design. Contribute to the engineering phase of major projects through participation in constructability reviews and providing feedback on scopes of work to project managers.
· Contractor Management. Working with the Project Managers/Contract Inspectors to ensure the Contractors are complying with Buckeye’s policies and programs. This will include overseeing the Contractors’ projects for compliance, auditing any permit systems used, performing inspections, verifying job documentation is properly collected, assisting with incident investigations and ensuring project specifications are met.
· Risk Management. Managing risk by identifying and reviewing risks on the contractor work site, working with contractors to mitigate risk and informing management as appropriate.
· HSSE – Health, Security, Safety & Environment. Oversight of contractor activities to ensure projects are executed in a safe, secure and environmentally sound manner.
· Inspector Database, Guideline and Procedure. Developing an Inspector Database to track qualified inspector availability, training and certification and job performance with the goal of assisting project managers with placement of qualified inspectors for all construction projects. Develop a guideline and set of procedures to standardize expectations and deliverables for all construction inspectors working on Buckeye projects.
· Reporting. Developing and distributing current reports regarding project status.
· Processes and Procedures. Networking with industry peers and conducting research to ascertain potential best practices for adoption into Buckeye practices, processes and procedures for Contractors.
· And other duties as assigned.
· Education: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering preferred but will consider applicants with comparable experience.
· 15-20+ years’ experience in Construction Management in pipelines and terminals or other closely related industry within the oil and gas field required.
· Extensive demonstrated experience managing contractor projects in the field and/or auditing contractor work product on oil and gas industry related projects (preferably in the pipelines & terminals).
· Working effectively in and contributing to a team environment and influencing cross-functional teams.
· Effectively delivering key compliance and risk mitigation messages and concepts to a variety of audiences.
· Travel: Up to 75%.
Certificates & Licenses:
· API 653, API 570, CWI, ASME NDE, NACE all desirable certifications.
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
· In order to succeed in this position, one must be a self-starter and have excellent communication and analytical skills and the ability to interact with a wide variety of personnel and organizations.
To be successful in the Buckeye culture, our employees must possess a demonstrated commitment to environmental responsibility and regulatory compliance. Excellent communication, both written and verbal, as well as strong organizational skills are paramount. You must work independently and be able to exercise tact, discretion, and professionalism when dealing with internal and external customers, and handling sensitive and confidential information.
Buckeye Partners wants to create and reward an organizational focus that stimulates the creative and entrepreneurial actions of its employees that result in innovative ways of reducing costs, generating revenues, improving productivity, or improving processes.
Buckeye Partners is the logistical solutions partner of choice for the global energy business. As one of the nation’s largest independent petroleum products common carrier pipeline network providers, Buckeye Partners L.P. provides terminals, storage and refined product distribution services; our strength is to create centers of expertise around our products, technologies and client needs.
Buckeye Partners, L.P. (NYSE: BPL) headquartered in Houston, Texas is one of the primary distributors of petroleum in the eastern and mid-western portions of the United States.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. We are also an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP on the following website: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm