Join our Innovative Team
Want to do more than just imagine the ways our world will move tomorrow? Join the technology company that's transforming the future of mobility today.
About this Position
The Connection Systems North America (CS NA) team has an exciting opportunity for a Sr. Controls (Electrical) Engineer Under the direction of the Manufacturing Engineering General Supervisor, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing on-site electrical engineering support within the high speed metal stamping operation. The Controls (Electrical) Engineer will identify and implement improvements, as well as, align new technologies within the stamping industry to update manufacturing systems.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide on-site support to manufacturing operations in order maintain production processes
- Troubleshoot process issues with skilled tradesmen
- Improve processes through the identification of daily manufacturing problems (ex: error proofing quality, improving up-time, cycle speed, reduction in waste, etc.)
- Develop expertise in metal stamping operations control systems, particularly vision system programming, terminal presses, winding equipment and all other sub processes
- Obtain quotes, write purchase requisitions for project needs, maintain control of spending on projects for new equipment and existing equipment revisions
- Communicate projects or specific assignment status through the use of verbal communication, electronic presentations, e-mail and Skype for Business
- Develop planned maintenance procedures as well as support plant maintenance activities
- Keep current on new technology within the stamping industry that can be used to propose new manufacturing systems
- Follow all Aptiv Corporate, Connection Systems and local procedures
- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years' experience and demonstrated proficiency in AutoCAD 2008, SolidWorks, or Unigraphics NX 5 (or later version)
- 3+ years of prior plant process support, experience in electrical support of stamping presses, servo feeds, machine vision, robotics, IT communications, etc.
Nice to Haves (Preferred Qualifications)
- In-depth machine controls aptitude, machinery and equipment electrical support and machine control programming.
- Expertise in developing/programming Datalogic Vision Systems
- Expertise in equipment communication, networking, integration, etc.
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Project, Excel, Outlook, Skype, etc.)
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Strong results-orientation and execution characteristics
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a strong ability to work with a team in a unionized environment
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize and accomplish multiple conflicting tasks, make intelligent, timely decisions and solve problems independently
- Resourcefully innovate and adapt in a rapidly changing environment
- Minimal domestic and/or international travel possible - very limited to special circumstances.
Traits We Seek
- Curiously investigate everything - ability to solve problems analytically, creatively and collaboratively
- Lead with confidence - thought leaders who empower those around them
- Learn by doing - an entrepreneurial mindset that's driven by hands-on experimentation
- Embrace resilience - seeing every challenge as a learning opportunity and invitation to grow
Aptiv Rewards and Advantages
- Competitive compensation with bonus potential
- Competitive health benefits
- 401K with matching contribution
- Learning and development opportunities
- Discount programs with various manufacturers and retailers
- Recognition for innovation and excellence
- Opportunities to give back to the community
- Meaningful work that makes a difference in the world
- Relocation assistance (if applicable)
Signal & Power Solutions reflects the growing significance of next-generation architectures with high-speed data and electrical power distribution as the foundation necessary for future mobility. We supply "the nervous system" of the vehicle, providing the complete design, manufacturing, and assembly of vehicle electrical systems. This includes wiring harnesses, connection systems and cable management solutions.
Candidates for positions with Aptiv must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a permanent basis. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apply Online Ready to take the first step?