Position: Sr. Coordinator, Production (Men's)
Reports to: Manager, Production
Direct Reports: No
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Location: 3880 N Mission Los Angeles, CA 90031
About Forever 21:
FOREVER 21, is an American fast fashion retailer headquartered in Los Angeles, California. Originally known as Fashion 21, the first store was founded in Los Angeles on April 16, 1984. Forever 21 is known for its trendy offerings and low pricing. The company offers fashion for women, men, and children, fashion accessories, shoes, beauty products, and home goods.
Forever 21 continues to be a fashion industry leader with a mission to make the latest trends accessible to all. F21 persists on staying ahead of innovation and providing styles and fit that our customers love. While reinventing for now and beyond, we’re seeking passionate and creative new family members to join us on this adventure! F21 continues to operate E-commerce and 450 locations across the U.S. along with maintaining a strong brand DNA with consumers and within the fashion industry.
In February 2020, Forever 21 came under new ownership made up of Simon Property Group, Brookfield Property Partners, and Authentic Brands Group. Under this new ownership F21 has the financial strength and long term view that will prepare us for the future, while continuing to set the same high standards as it always has. Join our team and learn the inner sanctum of the global fashion industry, while we build the new Forever 21!
Under the direction of the Production Supervisor and Assistant Manager, the Sr. Production Coordinator will coordinate with vendors and interdepartmental teams to ensure a smooth and efficient production process.
- Follow-up with vendors to ensure that development and production samples are executed correctly and timely
- Communicate daily with overseas offices and vendors to track development and production statuses
- Negotiate and confirm final production costs with vendors according to management approval
- Prepare and submit prototype samples for weekly buying reviews
- Review and follow designers’ tech pack instructions to execute production development
- Coordinate with designers, buyers, and technical designers to ensure all production requirements, such as colors, trims, fabric quality, and fit are met
- Provide the Logistics department with shipping documents, TOP (Top of Production) approvals, and vendor shipping confirmation for prompt delivery
- Communicate with vendors/factories to ensure letters of credit, payment related documents, production sample delivery, development items, shipping documents, and cost sheets are completed accurately and on-time
- Review development items with Supervisor or Assistant Manager before sending items to vendors
- Ensure trim sheets and sewing details are provided to factories according to the time and action calendar
Knowledge, Skills, and Qualifications:
- BFA or BA in Fashion Merchandising, Business, or related field preferred
- Must have 3+ years of production experience
- Bilingual preferred
- Basic understanding of garment construction as well as technical knowledge of production preferred
- Basic understanding of fabric types and costing requirements of garments preferred
- Must be proactive and possess the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Must have exceptional organizational skills
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel