We are currently seeking a Senior Copywriter who will be responsible for collaborating, strategizing, and writing retail and digital content, as well as general marketing messaging.
Must have the ability to conceptualize compelling copy with inventive solutions, create fresh language for an array of products and services, and work closely with teams internally and externally to go above and beyond for client needs.
The Senior Copywriter will be a seasoned creative leader that works closely with the Content Manager, has experience across categories and clients, and is experienced with channel integration. Superior writing and strong conceptual communication (big ideas) are a must. Daily tasks include writing original copy and slogans for advertising campaigns, editing and maintaining brand consistency across all channels, and working with the digital/print/video production team to craft ideas that work well within budget.
Must be a polished communicator with an action-oriented focus, capable of solving communication challenges, and developing original solutions. Should be a creative thinker with prolific ideas, able to juggle multiple projects under tight deadlines. Familiarity with trends in retail advertising (and advertising in general) and knowledge of the promotional spectrum are helpful.Strong proofreading skills required. Some design knowledge—fonts, layouts, etc.—to optimize the effectiveness of all materials, is preferred.
- Develop and create effective, engaging concepts for promotions that support business objectives that adhere to established brand voice
- Produce strategic creative solutions, develop concepts, and write copy for a variety of retail marketing projects
- Collaborate with Content Manager, Creative Directors, Designers, Account Managers and Client to determine the conceptual and copy direction of branding and advertising initiatives
- Work with Creative Directors and Designers to ensure copy tone and style are consistent with visual tone and style
- Write compelling and fresh retail marketing and digital content on a daily basis
- Write copy and messaging for new business pitches, print, digital and creative comps
- Write and develop case studies
- Present messaging strategies and recommendations to client
- Work closely with Content Manager to create and refine processes and implement content creation efficiencies
- Work with and guide copywriters in all areas of marketing copy projects
- Degree in English, Journalism, Communications or a related field
- 5+ years experience, preferably a combination of in-house and agency work
- Strong retail copywriting skills and knowledge of editing procedures
- Experience in Retail industry a plus
- Solid presentation skills
- Good people skills and a sense of humor