Patterson Companies is seeking a motivated individual for the position of Accountant for Patterson Dental. The primary responsibilities of the role will include facilitating the costing updates and the monthly inventory reporting processes for month-end close, engaging with the Finance and cross-functional teams (Pricing, Procurement, Operations, etc.) to ensure accounting alignment with organizational actions, and ensuring the proper maintenance of accounting controls and processes. Over the next year, this role will also help support the transition to the SAP platform.
80% - Inventory Accounting & Business Partnering
- Responsible for inventory accounting & financial reporting. Including the preparation and review of journal entries, reconciliations, and accruals.
- Execution of monthly and year-end close activities ensuring financial statements are accurate and in accordance with US GAAP and company policy.
- Partner with the business and our broader finance team to gain a deep understanding of the business and help drive financial execution to achieve the objectives and targets of its business strategy.
- Understanding the operational and functional differences between our current general ledger system and the SAP platform.
20% - Control Environment (COSO)
- Ongoing monitoring of financial reporting controls and ensuring Sarbanes-Oxley compliance requirements are achieved.
- Hold self and others accountable for continuous improvement for internal controls.
- Responsible for supporting external and internal audits.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting; 3.6 GPA or better
- 3-5 years of accounting or finance experience, knowledge of accounting principles, and demonstrated inventory, costing, general ledger and financial analysis skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet work and project deadlines producing high quality output
- Proficiency with Excel
- Excellent prioritization & organizational skills to manage multiple deliverables
- Verbal & written communication skills that provide direct, succinct messages and can be understood by financial and non-financial business partners
- Ability to identify areas of improvement and work with management to optimize processes
Preferred Experience :
- Previous experience with SAP
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- CPA or CMA