National Frozen Foods Corporation in Seattle, WA, a vegetable processing/manufacturing firm, seeks a Sr. Cost-Inventory Accountant for our Seattle corporate office. Primary role is to be responsible for the transactional processing, accounting, reporting, reconciliation and overall financial control of inventory and cost of goods sold. Responsible for review and analysis of inventory, fixed assets and other operational analysis as it pertains to inventory and variances affecting the balance sheet and P&L. Position works cross functionally with the sales, production, purchasing, customer service and accounting teams to provide needed information.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintain and analyze the company's cost accounting system.
- Develop and update standard costs for inventory valuation.
- Work with plants to insure that database of packaging labor and run time information is being updated consistently and accurately.
- Prepare routine, special cost and inventory reports, providing data analysis in support of management business decisions.
- Responsible for accuracy of all inventory and fixed assets value in the accounting system.
- Work closely with warehouse team to ensure they are following basic accounting inventory procedures and following company inventory processing procedures.
- Review inventory levels daily/weekly and take action to reconcile/resolve.
- Coordinate annual cycle count inventory with warehouse team, resolve any issues.
- Develop and update procedures instructions and training materials in order to perform current accounting functions.
- Cross-train with appropriate accounting positions to serve as backup, as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum of 3 years costing experience in a manufacturing or production environment. Food or beverage production industry a plus.
- Competent with applying comprehensive understanding of the concepts, practices and procedures relating to the field of cost accounting.
- Ability to work independently with the ability to resolve inconsistencies and problems and deliver results with a limited amount of supervision.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, details with a high level of accuracy.
- Understanding and use of ERP Systems, with Adage, QlikView experience a plus.
- Proficient MS Excel and Data analysis skills.
- Effective communication and interaction across organization; is resourceful, proactive and an adaptable member of a team.
- Excellent work ethic, professional and dynamic self-starter.
- Work independently, resolve inconsistencies and problems while delivering results with a minimal amount of supervision.
- Full time, Exempt position.
- All Job Offers are contingent upon successful completion of pre-employment drug test with negative results.
- National Frozen Foods Corporation offers a comprehensive benefits and compensation package. FT employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, life and LTD insurance coverage, paid holidays, paid vacation and 401k retirement savings plan
- Wage DOE
Applications are accepted by submitting to HR @ nffc.com AND including the following information:
Qualified Candidates, please include the following information in your response:
- List "Sr Cost Inventory Accountant" in the subject of the e-mail
- Cover letter with Resume
- Full Employment History
- Education credentials
- Computer Software Proficiencies
- Compensation Requirements
NATIONAL FROZEN FOODS CORPORATION is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by law. Our objective is to select the most qualified individual for the job. We encourage you to provide us with complete and accurate information that demonstrates your qualifications to perform the duties of the job you are applying for.