Join the FHLBC team!
At the Federal Home Loan Bank of Chicago, employees come first - that’s why we offer a highly competitive compensation and bonus package, and access to a comprehensive benefits program designed to meet the needs of our employees.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Retirement program (401k and Pension)
- Generous PTO plan
- 10 paid holidays per year
- Work from home options
- Casual dress code
We are seeking a Senior Risk Analyst to join our Financial Institutions Credit team, which is responsible for the underwriting and analysis of insurance companies and other financial institutions.
The Senior Risk Analyst will have primary responsibility for a portfolio of insurance companies including evaluating new member applications, and credit monitoring of existing members. In addition the role requires the credit modeling & analytics to support the credit process. Other responsibilities may include departmental duties including reporting and project support.
The Senior Risk Analyst is responsible for the following activities:
- Perform analysis on and recommend approval for new and/or continuing borrowers.
- Perform quarterly credit analysis and risk rating of borrowers.
- Recommend credit and collateral terms for insurance companies.
- Approve transactions daily and monitor limit compliance.
- Work with Relationship Managers and borrowers on risk mitigation strategies and structures.
- Develop and manage internal models for assessing credit risk and assigning risk ratings.
- Develop and manage credit underwriting standards for borrowers.
- Monitor economic trends and regulatory developments and their impact on borrowers.
- Report to regulators, senior management, and Credit Committee.
- Work with IT on credit systems and with other teams in the Bank on strategic projects.
- Perform ad-hoc analyses, as required.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Management, Economics or other business-related discipline. MBA or other Master’s level degree desired.
- 2+ years of experience in analysis of financial institutions - Insurance sector knowledge required.
Key Skills/Knowledge/Abilities/Behaviors Required:
- Ability to independently review complex topics and deliver communication with the goal of supporting risk management objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (written, oral, and listening) are required.
- Strong analytic abilities, including credit underwriting experience and the ability to manipulate large data sets.
- At ease working within a team-based environment.
- Time management and an ability to display initiative are necessary.
- Must be self-directed with high energy level.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- MS Office products experience required.
- Tableau, SNL Financial, Bloomberg, Python, experience preferred.