Chubb is the world’s largest publicly traded property and casualty insurer. With operations in 54 countries, Chubb provides commercial and personal property and casualty insurance, personal accident and supplemental health insurance, reinsurance and life insurance to a diverse group of clients.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE JOB:
As a member of the Immediate Solutions Team, this position is primarily responsible for gathering first notice of loss information received via phone, fax, e-mail and physical mail. Effectively respond to inquiries calls relating to claim status, policy searches, adjuster information and branch information.
MAJOR DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Promptly and courteously answer all calls received from insureds, claimants, and agents. Gather loss information in a timely manner and complete out bound calls as necessary to properly complete the FNOL entry process.
- Accurately enter complex first notice of loss information, identifying those claims which require immediate adjuster or supervisor attention.
- Respond to status and inquiry calls from customers regarding claim status, policy searches, adjuster information, branch information and limited coverage information. Appropriately transfer calls without inconveniencing the customer. Effectively uses Claim Workstation notes to answer advanced customer inquiries and document call situations.
- Recognize, prioritize and escalate severe claims according to escalation guidelines notifying leadership as needed. Identify dedicated accounts and/or respond to accounts containing special handling instructions.
- Actively report trends, service and/or system problems to the work leader or supervisor to ensure service levels to our customers and business partners.
- Collaborate with team members, participate in new hire training and phone mentoring to prepare new hires to meet/exceed customer satisfaction and service. Participate in ongoing development activities to keep abreast of the skills and competencies necessary to exceed the needs of our customers.
- Implements new workflows and assumes responsibility for new customer service procedures and projects.
- Support an environment of continuous improvement by offering ideas and suggestions to improve the service level provided to our customers as well as improve workflow issues.
- Advanced research skills to determine appropriate action and complete items in “needs more work queue” as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Advanced computer and keyboard navigation skills, including knowledge of Windows operation system, Access and Outlook.
- Advanced knowledge of Immediate Solutions systems.
- Demonstrated ability to exceed service metrics. Proven ability to provide ‘superior’ customer service at all times..
- Strong customer service – (telephone handling skills, grammar, verbal, interpersonal skills and time management)
- Effectively work in a team environment; build effective working relationships and be a source of knowledge for other CSRs
- Demonstrated ability to process complex job functions and workflows; display good business judgment when making decision and interacting with customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a sense of urgency in a fast paced environment.
Chubb strives to offer a diverse and inclusive and rewarding work environment. Teamwork and mutual respect are central to how Chubb operates and we believe the best solutions draw upon diverse perspectives, experiences and skills. We operate in such a way where everyone, regardless of their singular background has the opportunity to contribute to our collective success.
Chubb offers a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package including life, health and dental, vision, a generous retirement savings plan, disability coverage, stock purchase plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, and business casual dress. At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran, or marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.