Apex Systems, LLC is immediately seeking a Sr. Cyber Intelligence/Intrusion Analyst in support of one of our enterprise level government integrators, located in Gaithersburg, MD. The qualified candidate would have a strong background defending large networks through threat hunting, and tactical analysis of ongoing attacks by criminal and nation state actors. They will experience performing data analysis, incident response, investigative analysis, and research on existing and emerging cyber threats. The Sr. CIA will be expected to 'think like an adversary' and engage in threat hunting operations leveraging your understanding of the tactics, techniques and procedures employed by advanced threats combined with intelligence from multiple sources.
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
Citizenship: US Citizen
Duration: Direct Hire
Compensation: Competitive based on experience
Clearance: Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance with the DoD
- Analyze network and host activity associated with both successful and unsuccessful intrusions by advanced attackers.
- Perform network traffic analysis utilizing raw packet data, net flow, IDS, and custom sensor output.
- Leverage understanding of tactics, techniques and procedures associated with advanced threats to create and add custom signatures that mitigate highly dynamic threats to the enterprise.
- Employ advanced forensic tools and techniques for attack reconstruction and intelligence gathering.
- Coordinate resources during enterprise incident response efforts, driving incidents to resolution.
- Identify and evaluate new sources of intelligence, and integrate numerous types of cyber security data sources into cyber threat analysis products.
- Proactively research emerging cyber threats. Apply analytical understanding of attacker methodologies and tactics, system vulnerabilities, and key indicators of attacks and exploits.
- Produce threat intelligence reports and briefings, that provide situational awareness of cyber threats impacting the company's global network infrastructure, to every level of the organization.
- Conduct threat hunt operations using known adversary tactics, techniques and procedures, as well as indicators of attack, in order to detect advanced threats to the enterprise.
- Collaborate using information and knowledge sharing networks and professional relationships to achieve common goals.
- Stay abreast of world-wide events that are indicators of developing trends for situational awareness.
- Mentor less experienced team members.
- Provide on-call support for incident response efforts outside of core hours as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 8+ years of overall related experience in Information/Cyber Security. 4+ years of additional related years of experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience in conventional network/host-based intrusion analysis, digital forensics, or malware analysis.
- Must have experience with SEIM Tools. Splunk being most preferred.
- Experience performing 'deep dive' analysis and correlation of log data from multiple sources including PCAP and forensic artifacts.
- Working knowledge of Computer Network Exploitation (CNE), Computer Network Attack (CNA) and Computer Network Defense (CND) tools and techniques.
- Experience with incident response activities involving APT threat actors, and working ongoing pervasive intrusion sets.
- Ability to create, modify, and implement both Snort and YARA signatures.
- Strong understanding of Linux OS and Network Protocols.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows administrative tools, and the Unix/Linux command line.
- Experience applying threat and data modeling, advanced data correlation, and statistical analysis to develop alerts, notable events, investigative dashboards, and metrics driven reports.
- Understanding of behavioral based threat models, including ATT&CK, Cyber Kill Chain, Diamond Model, etc.
- Capable and comfortable communicating actionable threat intelligence to both technical and executive-level stakeholders.
- Familiarity with common languages (like Perl and Python) to parse logs, automate processes, and integrate systems.
- Previous experience as Threat Researcher and/or Intelligence Analyst.
- Experience with dynamic malware analysis, and reverse engineering.
- Experience in cryptography or cryptanalysis
- Published research papers at conferences or through other mediums (blogs, articles).
- A deep understanding of advanced cyber threats targeting enterprises, along with the tools, tactics, and procedures used by those threats.
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178