At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Wells Fargo Technology sets IT strategy; enhances the design, development, and operations of our systems; optimizes the Wells Fargo infrastructure footprint; provides information security; and enables continuous banking access through in-store, online, ATM, and other channels to Wells Fargo’s more than 70 million global customers.
Technology Operational Data Management (TODM) as part of ITforIT Data Services team helps Enterprise Information Technologies (EIT) and Enterprise Information Securities (EIS) manage IT assets and manage risks. Our current focus is to maintain and enhance existing solutions, including IT Asset Management Data Mart (ITADM), TAM Asset Management (1DSA), Vulnerability Remediation Data Warehouse (VRDW) and IT Asset Management Operational Data Stores (ITAM), for Operational Reporting and BI analysis.
We are also embarking on a migration of the aforementioned applications into the Enterprise Information Technology (EIT) Authorized Provisioning Point (APP). The intention of the EIT APP is to provide increased consistency, quality, and insight in the information available to manage the business of IT. Through the Enterprise Blueprint architecture, the APP is implementing leading tools and principles in data warehousing to deliver an effective and efficient solution that simplifies the data environment.
The current technical landscape consists of a typical data warehouse architecture leveraging Microsoft technologies (SQL Server, SSIS, SSRS, TFS etc.). The target state will see us adopt Ab Initio and Hadoop (MapR) as our future platform.
In order to meet our strategic goals we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Data Analyst to join our team. This is a senior level individual contributor role providing technical guidance and execution on all aspects of TODM data initiatives.
This position is expected to play a key role as we migrate our data solutions to the Enterprise Data Environment (EDE) on Hadoop platform.
This person will leverage their experience navigating, querying and performing complex analysis activities in a Big Data environment to mentor others on the team.
- Readily available to all other team members as a technical escalation point, and is able to easily lead efforts in Business Requirements analysis, Data Analysis, and Data Modeling
- Able to receive broad technical guidance of analytical and technology outcomes and constraints, and implement them accurately by providing detailed direction to team resources
- Assisting in defining strategy: In areas such as Data Integration, Architecture, Data Quality and Master Data Management across DataMart’s
- Build relationships with SME’s on respective development teams and with business partners. Leverage existing Subject Matter expertise to understand what additional insights this new data tells us about business processes and state of the infrastructure
- Utilize excellent data analysis skills to resolve complex Data Requirements
- Translate complex business and data requirements into logical data models adhering to defined data Modeling standards and industry best practice
- Consult with Database Administrators to translate that Logical Model into a performant Physical model
- Develop a broad but detailed understanding of IT Asset Management data, and an intimate knowledge of how it is transformed within all DataMart’s
- Collaborate with application aligned DBA’s, Data Technologies and Infrastructure Architects and Systems Administrators on all aspects of data management
- 8+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling; or a Masters degree or higher in a quantitative field such as applied math, statistics, engineering, physics, accounting, finance, economics, econometrics, computer sciences, or business/social and behavioral sciences with a quantitative emphasis and 5+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following: reporting, analytics, or modeling
- 7+ years of Big Data experience
- 7+ years of analytics experience
- 6+ years of SQL experience
- 5+ years of Hadoop experience
- 5+ years of SDLC (System Development Life Cycle) experience
- 5+ years of source/version control tools experience
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research and analysis
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- 6+ years of data modeling experience
- 5+ years of data management experience
- 5+ years of ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) Programming experience
- 5+ years of Metadata experience
- 3+ years of Ab Initio experience
- Experience developing operational reporting and performing complex data analysis
- Knowledge and understanding of conversions, system analysis, data mapping, conversion reconcilement, validation and implementations
- Ability to independently provide summary and recommendations on operational data
- Knowledge and understanding of data organizing or structuring complex data across varied data sources
- A BS/BA degree or higher in information technology
NC-Charlotte: 1525 W Wt Harris Blvd - Charlotte, NC
MO-Saint Louis: 1 N Jefferson Ave - Saint Louis, MO
AZ-Chandler: 2600 S Price Rd - Chandler, AZ
All offers for employment with Wells Fargo are contingent upon the candidate having successfully completed a criminal background check. Wells Fargo will consider qualified candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state and Federal law, including Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
Relevant military experience is considered for veterans and transitioning service men and women.
Wells Fargo is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.