Sr. Data Architect
Apex Systems client is in the process of building an enterprise data solution and is searching for a Data Architect to build and maintain a cloud-focused data platform for analytics and business intelligence. The Data Services team’s primary responsibility is gathering, centralizing, and analyzing data gathered from a number of internal and external sources. The Data Architect’s main responsibility is designing and maintaining flexible data models along with the framework and processes that feed into it.
- Design, build, and maintain forward-looking data models
- Design, build, and maintain framework for reliable job execution
- Act as a liaison to the business, understanding data requirements and assisting our Business Intelligence team with technical solutions
- Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, related field or equivalent practical experience.
- Expertise in extracting and manipulating data from a variety of sources, primarily cloud based, and loading/indexing into relational data structures
- Proven experience with relational (Postgres, MS SQL, Redshift) and noSQL (MongoDB) Databases
- Experience modeling and maintaining traditional relational database schemas for efficient data storage and retrieval
- Strong customer-facing communication and careful listening skills. Proven success in and genuine enthusiasm for working directly with customer technical teams
- Experience with data processing and analytics using AWS Glue or Apache Spark
- Experience building data-lake style infrastructures using streaming data set technologies such as AWS Kinesis/Firehose or Apache Kafka
- Experience with data processing using Parquet and Avro
- Familiarity with NodeJS, Express, Angular.
- Experience with front-end BI tools such as Power BI using DAX and M Query
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178