We're seeking a strong data engineer to be part of our growing Engineering team. This team member will work on developing new analytics algorithms for our customers, and productizing them into our platform.
- Develop analytics algorithms using a deep understanding of our raw data, and productize them in conjunction with the InSight application team
- Implement customized analytics for clients and collaborate with the Solutions Engineering team
- Design and implement components within the company data processing pipeline (from raw input files to optimized tables used for analyses)
- Contribute to additional projects within the Data Science and Data Engineering team as appropriate
Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years experience as a software or data engineer at an enterprise software / data analytics company
- 5+ years experience with relational databases (PostgreSQL preferred) and SQL, including a strong understanding of database concepts
- BS / MS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or an Engineering discipline from a top university
- Strong understanding of algorithms, and 3+ years experience in a programming language such as Java or Python
- Strong communication skills - both written and verbal
- Knowledge of geospatial data is a plus
- Knowledge of statistics and/or data science is a plus
- Quick learner, and a strong team player
Horizontal is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We seek to provide employment opportunities to talented, qualified candidates regardless of race, color, sex/gender including gender identity and/or expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under federal, state or local law.
In addition, Horizontal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need to request a reasonable accommodation in order to complete the application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
All applicants applying must be legally authorized to work in the country of employment.