As part of the application process, a candidate account is required to log in and view application(s). Please be sure to check email regularly for information regarding our employment process.
The Sr Data Modeler role will be a key role for VOYA Data Management team. The Sr. Data Modeler will be responsible for developing and maintaining domain logical data model artifacts: Logical Data Models, Data Element Dictionaries, Physical Data Models, Interface Control Documents, data format specifications, model release documentation, data harmonization and mappings.data mapping, design, review/ development to support ETL, data transformation work and deliver designs & data movement between applications.
- Develop and maintain domain logical data model artifacts: Logical Data Models Data Element Dictionaries Physical Data Models
- Thorough understanding and expert knowledge on various Data modelling techniques like OLTP (normalized) , ODS, EDW , Dimensional , Real time and Micro services Modelling
- Performing high-level requirements analysis to support application of data standards across the enterprise. Duties require a broad range of knowledge including information technology, requirements, technical architecture analysis (e.g., understanding data flow diagrams, system architecture diagrams, etc.), and an understanding of functional and system analysis.
- Coordinating across teams that leverage multiple development methodologies (e.g., Waterfall, Agile (Scrum & Kanban)).
- Conduct and lead discussions with business leads and SMEs to understand and document the scope and business requirements, and translate these into the Logical, physical model design
- Define and analyze data requirements, map legacy data stores and formats, create new data structures / micro formats and perform architectural alignment with enterprise formats.
- Analytical skills to perform primary research for protocols and technologies and apply them to the mapping efforts.
- Coordinate, meet, and hold Technical Peer Reviews with Subject Matter Authorities and Stakeholder communities to discuss and perform requirements and impact analysis to understand the data elements in their domains, relationships among those elements and interdependencies between models.
- This is a highly technical role, providing leadership and technical competence to deliver excellent client solutions that adhere to Voya defined standards.
- They determine practicality and technical fit of developed standards and architectures.
- Lead a team of onsite/offshore vendor partners
- Excellent Presentation and influential skills.
- Support QA team’s test cases and test data preparation. Carries out unit and Integration test support.
- Good Communicator and proactive approach to daily activities.
- Problem solving attitude.
Who is our ideal candidate?
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Science preferred or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years progressive experience in system/data analysis related to Data modelling , data integration and data delivery work.
- 4+ Data modelling experience using Ewrin, ER Studio or similar tools.
- Advanced knowledge of applying data architecture patterns, including creating OLTP (normalized) and EDW (dimensional) models based on business and technical requirements
- Expert knowledge of database and data programming languages, including relational, dimensional and 'big data' database concepts
- Advanced knowledge in developing data models compliant with non-functional enterprise requirements, such as security and performance guidelines
- Working knowledge in the creation of data infrastructure - such as views, stored procedures, ETL usage, real-time/streaming data integration
- Proven ability in working with and leading the development efforts of other team members with minimal supervision
- Good communication and interpersonal skills for interacting and collaborating with developers, analysts, and business staff throughout the organization
- Experience with enterprise data management and governance tools
- Experience in Data warehouse , Data Marts, OLTP , ODS systems
- Experience in Conceptual / Logical / Physical Data modeling
- Proficient in Data Modeling tool ER/Studio.
- Hands on Experience in Teradata, Oracle.
- Knowledge of BI / Reporting Tools
- Knowledge of Industry Data models
- Strong Analytical and Communication Skills
- Experience working in an agile or continuous improvement environment
- Eagerness to learn new tools and technologies
- Prior experience with financial services, retirement, insurance, or medical records industry highly desirable
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.
Learn more about Critical Skills.