Caliber Home Loans, Inc. is a full-service national mortgage lender and agency direct seller/servicer. Caliber originates loans through various channels and transaction types, including a network of retail branches, wholesale lending, correspondent and emerging banker lending, and a consumer-direct centralized operation specializing in a variety of loan programs for purchase and refinance such as conforming, jumbo, and government products. Caliber also offers innovative servicing solutions for both conforming and non-conforming loans. Caliber is led by a veteran senior management team that consists of mortgage banking professionals with a history of building successful national mortgage operations. Caliber is owned by Lone Star Funds, a global private equity fund.
The AVP - Data Science will be a leader and manager on the Data Science team within the Enterprise Analytics department. The Data Science team is responsible for collecting data, building predictive models, providing analytical support, performing market analysis, identifying market trends, and telling stories with data for groups across the company. The AVP - Data Science will work with Analytics and IT to identify relevant data, create models to solve business problems, and present findings. The AVP - Data Science will be able to identify and suggest machine learning techniques to best match the use case. The AVP Data Scientist will manage analysts and data scientists.
* Provides leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to Data Scientists.
* Use predictive modeling to increase revenue generation, decrease costs, optimize business processes, and improve business outcomes.
* Utilize statistical analysis to inform approach and technique.
* Manage a project from initial analysis to readying a model for production.
* Validate and demonstrate effectiveness of machine learning solutions.
* Maintain balance between pragmatic and deeply rigorous solutions depending on business context.
* Collaborate and work closely with cross-functional business partners to identify gaps and understand areas of opportunity.
* Advise other departments on data gathering processes and experiment design (e.g. A/B testing).
* Develop code and processes that are repeatable and easily maintained.
* Develop and support widely-used production models.
* Design data visualizations to communicate complex ideas to various leadership teams.
* Staying up to date on new machine learning techniques and approaches to data science.
* Master's degree in a quantitative discipline (PhD preferred) such as Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Economics, Operations Research, or Industrial Engineering.
* 5 years post graduate experience in Analytical/Data Science role.
* 2 years managing a team of analytics professionals.
* Familiarity and experience with applying various machine learning techniques (regression, decision trees, boosting, etc.) to real-world problems.
* Strong quantitative, analytical and data interpretation skills with a solid foundation of mathematics, probability, and statistics.
* Advanced experience in R or Python.
* Good understanding of various statistical methods, not limited to hypothesis testing, resampling, and Bayesian inference.
* Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner.
* Intellectual curiosity and the ability to be curious, ask questions, explore, and be creative when analyzing data and business problems.
* Ability to interact collaboratively with internal and external customers.
* Ability to identify and seek needed information/research skills.
* Capable of managing multiple and varied projects, including the ability to coordinate and balance numerous tasks in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure.
Our employees demonstrate the Caliber Ways of Work (WOWS) every day through:
* Collaborating Contagiously
* Caring Fiercely
* Doing the Right Thing
* Leading Thoughtfully
Caliber benefits and perks will WOW you!
Our benefits package includes: comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k),10 employer paid holidays, as well as numerous employee discount programs.
We are proud to be a military friendly employer, and provide paid leave during military assignments for employees who serve in the Guard or Reserve.
Employees who work at our Coppell headquarters experience additional perks that include: standing desks, complementary coffee and tea stations, an on-site gym and activities center with ping-pong and pool tables, and an in-house café.
Caliber is an equal opportunity employer.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled