Sr. Data Scientist
Why YOU want this position
Since our founding as a groundbreaking provider of oil & gas data, we have evolved our solutions to cover oil & gas analytics, trading & risk, and business automation for customers across the energy industry. Enverus represents this growth, while bringing us closer together as one team. Enverus delivers business-critical insights to the global energy industry through a state-of-the-art SaaS platform built on industry-leading data and energy analytics. Our solutions deliver value across the entire energy value chain, empowering customers to be more agile, efficient, and competitive. The range of energy industry participants we serve includes exploration and production (E&P) companies and related businesses such as oilfield services, midstream, capital markets, power generators and utilities, energy traders, and downstream commercial & industrial energy consumers.
We are currently seeking a highly driven Sr. Data Scientist to join our team in Conshohocken, PA, Austin, TX or Denver, Co. to support the efforts of the Data Science team by producing accurate data science models.
- Build data products to solve business problems in the oil and gas industries.
- Conduct independent research.
- Manage the development of products of various size and complexity.
- Mentor and teach junior team members.
- Serve as a technical expert for the Data Science team and overall company.
- Work with Data Engineers and Software Developers to evaluate the technical trade-offs of tools to build, simple, yet robust, data science pipelines.
- Write well documented experiments and production-ready code.
- Lead implementation of products needing cross-team support.
- Participate in client-facing conversations to explain methodologies developed by the Data Science team.
- Familiarity with scrum and agile practices.
- Ability to adapt to changing business priorities.
- Proficient skills developing and deploying data products using Python (NumPy, Pandas, scikit-learn, TensorFlow, PyTorch).
- Strong understanding of Unix/Linux and git; Spark, PySpark, SparkR or Dask; cloud computing (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
- Expert in Machine Learning, Optimization, Deep Learning or Big Data processing.
- Ability to conduct independent quantitative research.
- Ability to develop reports, demonstrations and presentations for clients or other members of the team.
- Strong understanding of Docker or Kubernetes.
- Travel within US and CAN up to 30% of the time.
Competitive Candidate Profile:
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research or other quantitative discipline or Bachelor's degree with 5+ years related experience.
- Previous experience working on data products.
- Previous experience in a client-facing role.
- Previous experience in the energy industry, specifically oil and gas.