Sr. Microsoft Citrix/Windows Administrator
- 5-7 years’ experience supporting various versions Citrix XenApp (Versions 7.x preferred), NetScaler Gateway, Citrix Storefront, and Citrix Director.
- Senior Level experience in process automation utilizing PowerShell
Our client seeking an experienced Sr. Microsoft Citrix/Windows Administrator to assist with a growing environment of Windows 2012r2 and Windows 2016 systems. The ideal candidate will need to be adept at monitoring the ongoing operation of the servers and providing utilization reports to identify problems and corrective actions as needed.
Our client is an American, multinational information technology company operating in over 170 countries. They believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. Their brand is highly esteemed and valued around the world by forward-thinking clients, employees and communities. Their product offerings include leading edge enterprise hardware, open source software development tools, cloud-based services, artificial intelligence and cognitive computing. Join the next generation of innovators, inventors and entrepreneurs who are changing the very way the world works.
Job Key Responsibilities
- Assist with a growing environment of Windows 2012r2 and Windows 2016 systems.
- Work with the existing Windows team to manage, maintain, deploy, troubleshoot and support servers for a mixed customer environment.
- Responsible for planning, executing, and implementing new system hardware and software
- Create and maintain team technical instructions, operating procedures, and policies as needed.
Job Must Haves
· Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
· 5-7 years' experience supporting various versions Citrix XenApp (Versions 7.x preferred), NetScaler Gateway, Citrix Storefront, and Citrix Director.
· Senior Level experience in process automation utilizing PowerShell
· Fundamental knowledge in networking principles (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, SNMP)
· Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
· Configure and support NetScaler ADC solutions to support scalable delivery of applications
· Experience effectively managing multiple large-scale projects
· Work with executive team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues.
· Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
· Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports.
· Ensure system connectivity of all servers, shared software, groupware, and other applications.
· Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills, analytical and problem-solving skills, written and verbal communication abilities
- CompTIA Security+
- Computing Environment (CE) Certification (i.e., MCSE, Server+, etc.)
Nice to Haves:
· Understanding of Data Center technologies and experience with maintaining a Data Center for a medium to large data center
· Experience developing best practices for maintaining firmware and drivers required to sustain a high availability of systems
· Experience in PowerShell scripting
· Ability to train junior team members.
· Experience developing and maintaining Technical Documentation and Instructions.
· Experience designing, documenting and writing project deliverable for enterprise implementations using Microsoft Office products such as MS Project and MS Visio.
· Working knowledge of DoD STIGs, and IA Vulnerability Management (IAVM) comparable security implementation practices
SOUND LIKE YOU?
For more information you can contact Karla Mejia at (732) 637-1900 or at email@example.com quoting Job Reference 2552 or alternatively, apply here to register your interest.
We embrace the philosophy that we have (2) clients. You are one…the uniquely skilled resource and the end-client is our second client. We collaborate with both you and the end-client to ensure we have a career enhancing, financially attractive assignment for you and an innovative, problem solving skilled technical resource for the end client. Things we excel at:
Direct client relationships
- Client feedback on resume submissions (3-5 days)
- Client feedback on interviews (2-4 days)
- Regular updates from dedicated Encode coverage team
- Quick/seamless onboarding
- Direct deposits
- Qualified profit-sharing plan
- Let a career minded, dedicated professional work for you. Call me.
- Information Technology & Services
- This role is for a federal client. Must have Active Secret Clearance. Clearable is acceptable
- Information Technology
Duration: 1 year+
Location: Radford, VA