Responsible for designing, planning, implementing and administering databases, including security, access, and documentation.
1. Participates in the design, maintenance, enhancement, coding, and administration of relational databases.
2. Analyzes and determines information needs and elements, data relationships and attributes, data flow and storage requirements, and data output and reporting capabilities.
3. Coordinates new data development ensuring consistency and integration with existing data warehouse structure.
4. Reviews business requests for data and data usage, researches data sources for new and better data feeds.
5. Participates in continuous improvement efforts in enhancing performance and providing increased functionality, including performing proactive maintenance such as ensuring continued space availability, monitoring activity, and documenting problems, changes, and solutions.
6. Tests designed applications.
7. Assignments may include design of data dictionaries, database structure and layout, installing, upgrading, and managing database applications.
8. May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced Analysts.
9. Stay current on vendors' best security practices in relation to organizational requirements.
10. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
11. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
5-8 years of related database analysis and/or administration experience.
This is a challenging position for a Database Administrator (DBA) to work on a new, high-profile, large scale application with users in 50+ organizations across the Sponsor. This candidate will work with a team of software developers to specify, design, develop, test and deploy the final system. Development will take place in an iterative fashion using scrum techniques with input from multiple stakeholders. The candidate will use flexibility and technical skills. The work will be done in a dynamic environment with multiple stakeholders. The resource will communicate with team leads and senior leadership and rapidly adjust direction in support of new and/or changing requirements. This effort will include a variety of activities, including, but not limited to:
- Assisting in designing, developing, testing and deploying data models and databases for the end-state system
- Assisting in architecting, developing and maintaining databases for development, test, training and production environments across multiple classification fabrics for the final enterprise system
- Working with development team and enterprise service provider partners to implement security features such as access control, role separation, audit and logging, and system monitoring
- Participating in iterative software development teams with adherence to all reporting requirements
- Meeting with stakeholders, analyzing requirements, developing user stories and related artifacts, and translating these into a data model and corresponding database(s)
- Working with other enterprise data service programs to leverage their capabilities in the final system implementation
- Developing technical documentation and briefing materials to support program status reviews, control gates, and other presentations as directed by program management; Providing demonstrations and detailed walk-throughs of data model and repository features to a variety of technical and non-technical audiences
- Working with rapid prototyping to refine requirements and design.
- Demonstrated experience with supporting development and administration of databases.
- Demonstrated experience with MySQL.
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing security measures, access controls, role separation, audit, and logging in database solutions.
- Demonstrated experience with standard data exchange formats including Extensible Markup Language (XML).
- Familiarity with AWS RDS.
- Familiarity with Dynamo DB.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.