To act as Senior Database Marketing Analyst for the Data & Analytics team at Conversion Alliance. Responsible for data management and manipulation, and customer profiling projects supporting Conversion Alliance and Tribune Publishing clients. Position requires a high level of data and database skills and will include heavy interaction with clients and all other Tribune departments. This position requires a significant level of independent activity focused on developing analytic marketing solutions. The Senior Database Marketing Analyst is responsible for developing analytic solutions in a dynamic, revenue focused environment.
- Complete database marketing analyses for prospects and clients, including customer profiling, response analysis, and campaign back-end reporting
- Manipulate complex datasets using statistical/database marketing tools to analyze & interpret trends and prepare compelling presentations highlighting findings and insights for clients
- Serve as the subject matter expert and internal consultant for assigned analytics projects, which requires rapid assimilation of large amounts of client data and business sector knowledge
- Recommend targeting and marketing strategies to maximize ROI for clients, leveraging analysis of past client promotions and general consumer behavior
- Engage in appropriate research/study to identify and test new marketing analytic techniques
- Identify opportunities for and develop code/script based solutions to automate analysis and reporting
- Assist the Sr. Database Marketing Manager in developing new database marketing capabilities for Conversion Alliance and Tribune Publishing which includes attending seminars, evaluating new software, and maintaining in-depth knowledge of current database marketing and analytics industry trends
- To complete various projects as assigned by the Sr. Database Marketing Manager or Executive Director of Data & Analytics.
- Undergraduate degree with exposure to data analysis in marketing, statistics, computer science, social sciences or equivalent related experience in database marketing analytics.
- Experience with relevant tools in database manipulation, analysis, GIS, and visualization such as Alteryx, SQL, R, SAS, Oracle, Tableau, and other similar tools
- Experience with direct marketing, email marketing or any conversion based marketing is a plus
- Experience with segmentation, customer modeling techniques, and marketing test design
- 5-10 years of directly applicable experience required
- Must be creative, technically strong and comfortable in a highly analytical environment.
- Strong attention to detail required.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels of an organization.
- Must be able to effectively balance multiple tasks, work in a fast paced environment and maintain a high level of accuracy under strict deadlines.